Rabbi famous quotes

Last updated: Sep 5, 2024

• I would be willing, yes glad, to see a battle every day during my life.

• Corporations, being only human, make mistakes. Sometimes you may end up working for one of those mistakes.

• The thing I try to do the most is to play in terms of the song and play in terms of what I'm hearing.

• In the olden days, everybody sang. You were expected to sing as well as talk. It was a mark of the cultured man to sing.

• Men control the world, but women control the men.

• The perfume of the flowers and of the bay tree are wafted on high, like incense. The birds sing sweet songs of praise to their Creator. In the tops of the trees, the soughing of the wind is like the hushed prayers of the multitude in some vast cathedral. Here the heart of man becomes impressionable.

• If you remember the shape of your spoon at lunch, it has to be the wrong shape. The spoon and the letter are tools; one to take food from the bowl, the other to take information off the page... When it is a good design, the reader has to feel comfortable because the letter is both banal and beautiful.

• The status quo is a product of our culture or our culture is a product of the status quo - I'm sure which is the effect and which is the product - there is probably a feedback loop there that is mutually reinforcing. But we have a culture that says "Hey, look around. This place called Earth was created for you and you can do anything you want with it."

• May not music be described as the mathematics of the sense, mathematics as music of the reason?

• Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.