Fatal Attraction quotes

• The fatal attraction of government is that it allows busybodies to impose decisions on others without paying any price themselves. That enables them to act as if there were no price, even when there are ruinous prices - paid by others.
    -- Thomas Sowell

#Government #Decision #Fatal Attraction

• Groups are only smart when there is a balance between the information that everyone in the group shares and the information that each of the members of the group holds privately. It's the combination of all those pieces of independent information, some of them right, some of the wrong, that keeps the group wise.

• Originality is deliberate and forced, and partakes of the nature of a protest.

• Even the most pragmatic person fell victim at times to a longing for something other.

• A man who sacrifices for his wife and serves her becomes much more attractive to her.

• It's pride, plain and simple, that keeps me from giving God all the glory and keeping some of it for myself. It is a battle we all fight in some form or another, some of us daily or even hourly.

• One dies if necessary, one breaks rather than bending. But I bend, because I continue to love myself.

• The captain was a good chess player, and the games were always interesting. Yossarian had stopped playing chess with him because the games were so interesting they were foolish.

• I've always had confidence. Before I was famous, that confidence got me into trouble. After I got famous, it just got me into more trouble.

• This is what birds see. Only they're free and safe. The very opposite of me.

• The classic rule of thumb is that if you are an intellectual ideological magazine, you do better in opposition than you do if your views are reflected by people in power.