Following Your Own Path quotes

• A republican government should be based on free and equal education among the people

• For me looking, touching, material, place and form are all inseparable from the resulting work. It is difficult to say where one stops and another begins. Place is found by walking, direction determined by weather and season. I take the opportunity each day offers: if it is snowing, I work in snow, at leaf-fall it will be leaves; a blown over tree becomes a source of twigs and branches.

• I feel like every time you get to make a sequel, it's a privilege. It means that people have embraced it and want the journey to continue.

• Wives live longer than husbands because they're not married to women.

• It's inevitable that everyone's first drawing they draw is much like their fingerprint. It's inescapable that one has an identifiable style. It's not a major issue with me, but I never wanted to have a distinctive signature style so much.

• I think that's one of the most difficult things in any marriage - in order to build anything, you must be together. You can't build anything over the telephone.

• I discovered myself in the back-and-forth and in the hyphenated Arab-American way, and one of the things that I discovered was that I really didn't fit in anywhere. So in the US, I was considered an Arab - because I grew up in small-town Ohio - and in the Middle East, I was considered the American.

• The smiles of infants are said to be the first fruits of human reason.

• Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.

• You know, and it really doesn't have a lot to do with the movie. That's the trick to doing a good musical is that, if you take that music number out, there's less to the movie there. You would miss it.