Me Alone famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• I mostly want to highlight things that feel like an injustice, and that's not really political. No one is going to - or should - say that bigotry toward Muslims is partisan. It's a matter of being just or not being just. So that's why I started calling myself a social justice comedian.

• Another of our highly prized virtues is fidelity. We are immensely pleased with ourselves when we are faithful.

• I never knew if I would get my own show, but I knew I loved stand-up.

• I think that deep down all I have been looking for is to be accepted and liked by as many people as possible.

• YOU YOU YOU your eyes, thick as a high school scrapbook crackling and yellow, curling at the edges a book of myths in which i do not appear.

• Friendship, trust, honor, respect, admiration, this whole experience has been such a revelation.

• A chair's function is not just to provide a place to sit; it is to provide a medium for self-expression. Chairs are about status, for example. Or signalling something about oneself. That's why the words chair, seat and bench have found themselves used to describe high status professions, from academia to Parliament to the law.

• I have problems with a religion which says that faith in itself is enough for a ticket to heaven. In other words, that the ideal is your ability to manipulate your own common sense to accept something your intellect rejects. It's the same model of intellectual submission that dictatorships have used throughout time, the concept of a higher reasoning without any obligation to discharge the burden of proof.

• Comedy's been really liberating for me because I've been able to sneak the singing part in through the back door.

• Men in power always seem to get involved in sex scandals, but women don't even have a word for 'male bimbo.' Except maybe 'senator.