Dank famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• I never shied away from a challenge and I love doing big, epic films. They're interesting to me just on a pure music level, just in terms of the amount of music I could create for a symphony orchestra and chorus.

• I’m a true believer in the mental side of gymnastics – the 95% mental and 5% physical. It’s totally true. As you get to an older age, at 25 years old, I’ve pretty much learned everything that I need to learn in gymnastics. Now it’s, can I mentally push through the daily grind? Can I push through the small injuries and the aches and pains?

• I try to make myself walk around a bit, but I probably think about it more than I actually do it. Years ago, I did think about joining a gym.

• Management of an industrial company must be giving targets to the engineers constantly; that may be the most important job management has in dealing with its engineers.

• Global warming, like Marxism, is a political theory of actions, demanding compliance with its rules.

• It's hard to stay flexible if you don't stretch. I think if you train the right way you'll be flexible. There are people that don't appreciate the value of stretching. I think it's very important.

• Long before many of us were even conscious of our own degradation, Marcus Garvey fought for African national and racial equality.

• My faith in humanity leads me to believe that people are looking for something more elevating than the sordid details of the intimate aspects of one's personal life.

• There aren't any looks or customs I wish would come back. Today almost anything goes. Culture constantly devours the past so there's not much that's missing.

• One cannot walk down an avenue, converse with a friend, enter a building, browse beneath the sandstone arches of an old arcade without meeting an instrument of time. Time is visible in all places. Clock towers, wristwatches, church bells divide years into months, months into days, days into hours, hours into seconds, each increment of time marching after the other in perfect succession. And beyond any particular clock, a vast scaffold of time, stretching across the universe, lays down the law of time equally for all.