Alertness famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• Here in the United States, we speak with reverence of authentic experience. We write poems about our daddies taking us fishing and breaking our hearts by making us throw the little fish back into the river. We even tell the reader the kind of car we were driving, the year and the model, to give the impression that it’s all true. It’s because we think of ourselves as journalists of a kind. Like them, we’ll go anywhere for a story. Don’t believe a word of it. As any poet can tell you, one often sees better with eyes closed than with eyes wide open.

• We make assertions and denials of what is next to [the Divine Nature], but never of It, for It is both beyond every assertion, being the perfect and unique cause of all things, and, by virtue of Its preeminently simple and absolute nature, free of every limitation, beyond every limitation; it is also beyond every denial.

• I've got great genetics from parents, and I'm not moaning that I have such a hard life. Trust me; it's worked out so much more in the positive then the negative.

• All of my life I've spent a lot of time with gay men - Montgomery Clift, Jimmy Dean, Rock Hudson - who are my colleagues, coworkers, confidantes, my closest friends, but I never thought of who they slept with! They were just the people I loved. I could never understand why they couldn't be afforded the same rights and protections as all of the rest of us. There is no gay agenda, it's a human agenda

• I do a pretty good job at casting actually.

• Through Economic Action Plan 2015, our Government will continue to help create jobs, encourage skills development and balance the budget in 2015. I look forward to hearing Canadians' ideas on what we can do to further support and grow the economy for the benefit of all Canadians.

• The pursuit of truth will set you free; even if you never catch up with it.

• The lectures you deliver may be wise and true, But I'd rather get my lessons by observing what you do. I may not understand the high advise you like to give, But there's no misunderstanding how you act and how you live.

• I see the job of directing as being one of creating the right atmosphere, creating an environment where people can realize their full potential.

• Thank you for your kind invitation. However, as a gay man, I must decline. I am deeply troubled by the current attitude toward and treatment of gay men and women by the Russian government. The situation is in no way acceptable, and I cannot in good conscience participate in a celebratory occasion hosted by a country where people like myself are being systematically denied their basic right to live and love openly.