Strumming famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• Redd Foxx was the same gruff old codger you saw on television.

• World Christians are heaven's expatriates, camping where the Kingdom is best served.

• There’s no more morality in world affairs, fundamentally, than there was at the time of Genghis Khan.

• I try to sing many different kinds of songs. If I sing a batch of humorous songs, I'll throw in a deadly serious song. Or if I'm singing too many serious songs, I'll throw in a ridiculous song, to mix it up.

• You could talk about same-sex marriage, but people who have been married (say) 'It's the same sex all the time.'

• Of what is the body made? It is made of emptiness and rhythm. At the ultimate heart of the body, at the heart of the world, there is no solidity. Once again, there is only the dance.

• What’s going on?” Royce asked as throngs of people suddenly moved toward him from the field and the castle interior. “I mentioned that you saw the thing and now they want to know what it looks like,” Hadrian explained. “What did you think? They were coming to lynch you?” He shrugged. “What can I say? I’m a glass-half-empty kinda guy.” “Half empty?” Hadrian chuckled. “Was there ever any drink in that glass?

• I divide my time between homes in Arizona and England, six months a year in each place.

• I believe in the city as a natural human environment, but we must humanize it. It's art that will re-define public space in the 21st Century. We can make our cities diverse, inspirational places by putting art, dance and performance in all its forms into the matrix of street life.

• Monotheism is but imperialism in religion.