Higher Standards famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• Keep your analysis pure and virtuous.

• Experience teaches only the teachable.

• I still feel the impulse to give young writers a hearing, and I believe I have played more unpublished compositions than any other band leader in the country.

• Chess and theatre often lead to madness.

• The celebration of Lent, in the context of the Year of Faith, offers us a valuable opportunity to meditate on the relationship between faith and charity: between believing in God - the God of Jesus Christ - and love, which is the fruit of the Holy Spirit and which guides us on the path of devotion to God and others.

• Get yourself healthy before you get yourself married. Too often we bring our unexamined selves into our marriage relationship. Also, have a cultivating commitment to have a quality relationship with each other in your marriage.

• You have to feel comfortable being uncomfortable. I'm always comfortable being uncomfortable. And to be comfortable being uncomfortable, I have to hone my discipline, which to me is doing what I have to do, but also doing it like I love it.

• It started back in '79, My whole darn future was on the line. I created a brand new sensation Through my mind and the whole darn nation.

• I ransack public libraries, and find them full of sunk treasure.

• The strength of the team lies within the individual. And the strength of the individual lies within the team