Amazement famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• So I’m into men now, even though they can be frightening. I want a schedule-keeping, waking-up-early, wallet-carrying, non-Velcro-shoe-wearing man.

• Friedrich Nietzsche predicted that secular people, losing touch with transcendence, would eventually lose a reference point from which to look down and judge themselves. In the end they would lose even the capacity to despise themselves. Thus, because of the 'death of God', they would confuse heaven with happiness, and happiness with health.

• He does not weep who does not see.

• Dead, we become the lumber of the world, And to that mass of matter shall be swept Where things destroyed with things unborn are kept.

• Fundamentally, however, there is neither good nor evil; this is all based on human concepts. In the universe there exists neither good nor evil, because everything has been created in accordance with immutable laws. the divine principles are reflected in these laws, and only through knowing these laws will we be able to get close to the divine.

• If it was Europe, I just picked a country that I hadn't been to, but I didn't try to check up on what was going on in the country or anything like that. I just went and had a good time and met a lot of very nice people who are still my friends.

• A true critic ought to dwell upon excellencies rather than imperfections, to discover the concealed beauties of a writer, and communicate to the world such things as are worth their observation.

• Any excuse, no matter how valid, only weakens the character.

• If I wasn't an actress I'd definitely want to do something in the arts and something that was very creative.

• When I was anorexic it just seemed like I literally wanted to disappear. And now I would like to reappear