Affordable famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• not just part of us becomes a teacher. It engages the whole self - the woman or man, wife or husband, mother or father, the lover, scholar or artist in you as well as the teacher earning money ...

• Don't ever make the same mistake twice unless it pays.

• Humanity in its basic form is co-humanity.

• Democracies are expense-averse and they think in terms of short-term, political interests rather than a long-term interest in stability.

• Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat.

• If you listen to the great Beatle records, the earliest ones where the lyrics are incredibly simple. Why are they still beautiful? Well, they're beautifully sung, beautifully played, and the mathematics in them is elegant. They retain their elegance.

• In my several years of international cricket, Tendulkar remains the best batsman I have ever bowled to. It's been a pleasure to bowl at the master batsman even though one hasn't always emerged with credit from the engagements.

• There's a lot of gimmick infringement out there, but that's cool. It's a compliment. But it all started right when I first came into the Garden. I came down to 'Eye of the Tiger' and when I hit the ring with the Sheik, I just put my hand up to my ear by accident, and the crowd got louder. I was like 'Oh, that works.'

• I try to make my books reflect humanity as I see it.

• When I was six years old, my mother died; and then, for the first time, I learned, by the talk around me, that I was a slave.