Anfield famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• Consider a cow. A cow doesn't have the problem-solving skill of a chimpanzee, which has discovered how to get termites out of the ground by putting a stick into a hole. Evolution has developed the brain's ability to solve puzzles, and at the same time has produced in our brain a pleasure of solving problems.

• He boils milk with fresh ginger, a quarter of a vanilla bean, and tea that is so dark and fine-leaved that it looks like black dust. He strains it and puts cane sugar in both our cups. There's something euphorically invigorating and yet filling about it. It tastes the way I imagine the Far East must taste.

• Im not an Internet person that reads behind-the-scenes stuff. I see a trailer, and if it looks good, then I go. Thats that.

• If we remove the hope of profit as a means to alleviate misfortune - poverty, illness, misery, disaster - we shall increase our misfortunes and make them permanent.

• Not since the Depression has the state been this dry, have our rivers been this low, our water table this low, and our reservoirs this low.

• What I expect from my male friends is that they are polite and clean. What I expect from my female friends is unconditional love, the ability to finish my sentences for me when I am sobbing, a complete and total willingness to pour their hearts out to me, and the ability to tell me why the meat thermometer isn't supposed to touch the bone.

• Anything played wrong twice in a row is the beginning of an arrangement.

• A deaf husband and a blind wife are always a happy couple.

• Hockey taught me to challenge myself and be the best I can be on and off the ice.

• Postman is a media analyst and his theory is that television doesn't influence our culture, but that it is our culture and the presidency and anything that relies on television.