Thirteen famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• What a desire! ... to live in peace with that word: Myself.

• It is left... to the juries, if they think the permanent judges are under any bias whatever in any cause, to take on themselves to judge the law as well as the fact. They never exercise this power but when they suspect partiality in the judges; and by the exercise of this power they have been the firmest bulwarks of English liberty.

• Are artists and writers the only people entitled to lives of their own?

• Sometimes I have wondered whether life wouldn't be much more amusing if we were all devils, and no nonsense about angels and being good.

• Ther average consumer does not know the difference between the browser, the internet, and the search box.

• At a purely formal level, one could call probability theory the study of measure spaces with total measure one, but that would be like calling number theory the study of strings of digits which terminate.

• Since day one, since the first time I touched the pen, I wanted to be the best at what I do.

• I like television medium because it feels like we're doing a play, and I learned how to act in theater school, so that comes very naturally to me, this format. I like that people can laugh out loud when we're working. I like that we can make mistakes, unlike being onstage, where you can't.

• Punk is just like any other sub culture or music. Straight rock music has those elements. I grew up in a place where the punk rock kids fed the homeless in the town square.

• We live in a time of the greatest precision and of maximum contrasts: photomontage offers us a means to express this. It shows ideas: photography shows us objects.