Quarks famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• Books hold most of the secrets of the world, most of the thoughts that men and women have had. And when you are reading a book, you and the author are alone together-just the two of you.

• Bliss is a thing which is always there and is not something which comes and goes. That which comes and goes is a creation of the mind.

• Women do not always have to write about women, or gay men about gay men. Indeed, something good and new might happen if they did not.

• Since I'm not a second Marx or Freud who can offer people alternatives, I have to let them keep their own wrong feelings. And I don't believe that melodramatic feelings are laughable-they should be taken absolutely seriously.

• So that day, in music assembly, the teacher asked who knew the valley song. Your hand shot right up in the air. She stood you up on a stool and had you sing it for us. And I swear, every bird outside the windows fell silent...and right when your song ended, I knew - just like your mother - I was a goner.

• Once Europe existed in a Dark Age and Islam carried the torch of learning. Now we Muslims live in a Dark age.

• Management means, in the last analysis, the substitution of thought for brawn and muscle, of knowledge for folkways and superstition, and of cooperation for force. It means the substitution of responsibility for obedience to rank, and of authority of performance for the authority of rank.

• The team that is the most focused and executes the best is the team that wins. That's usually the team that can handle the pressure of the situation.

• My whole strength lies in prayer and sacrifice, these are my invincible arms; they can move hearts far better than words, I know it by experience.

• When I imagine God creating each one of us and planting a purpose deep in our hearts, I never imagine that purpose being mediocrity.