Atomic Bomb famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• The ideal trademark is one that is pushed to its utmost limits in terms of abstraction and ambiguity, yet is still readable. Trademarks are usually metaphors of one kind or another. And are, in a certain sense, thinking made visible.

• The US must carry out some act somewhere in the world which shows its determination to continue to be a world power.

• Today is indeed an historic occasion when as a first chair-in-office woman I hand over to another woman chair in office, your Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, in the presence of a woman head of the Commonwealth, Her Royal Highness, Her Majesty the Queen of England.

• Don't pray for an easy life, pray to be a stronger man.

• When we pray for God to illumine our path, we are saying, ‘Dear God, please show me the way. What thoughts do I need to think, to be able to navigate my life at this point? What perceptions do I need; what insights will guide me? Who do I need to forgive? What parts of my personality do I need to look at; what changes do I need to make? Please come upon me and heal my life. Amen.

• When the ivy has found its tower, when the delicate creeper has found its strong wall, we know how the parasite plants grow and prosper.

• If you want to see a man come to his senses, try something like, Do you happen to carry a rubber in your wallet? Did I mention I'm not on the pill?

• When you turn your heart and your life over to Christ, when you accept Christ as the savior, it changes your heart. It changes your life. And that's what happened to me.

• Ultimately a historian has to put together a cohesive work. That doesn't mean that your curiosity is ever totally satisfied.

• [To Timothy LaHaye:] So, Mr. LaHaye, when the Rapture happens, can I have your stuff?