Prowess famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• Whatever one of us asked the other to do - it was assumed the asker would weigh all the consequences - the other would do. Thus one might wake the other in the night and ask for a cup of water; and the other would peacefully (and sleepily) fetch it. We, in fact, defined courtesy as 'a cup of water in the night'. And we considered it a very great courtesy to ask for the cup as well as to fetch it.

• I think, unfortunately or fortunately, the reality of Hollywood is that if your movie makes money, they'll make another one.

• Perhaps...the nation and the world are in dire need of creative extremists.

• you could see the roads crisscrossing over the fields. When cars went by, far away, the beams were so bright they seemed to be ropes of light pulling the cars behind.

• After decimating several vegetables, I decide juicing is my favorite form of food preparation. There's something perversely appealing about subjecting an innocent plant to that much violence.

• Famine and unemployment are the raw material for dictatorships.

• As you go about your life, don't give 100 percent of your attention to the external world and your mind. Keep some within.

• I hate feeling full, so Christmas is about the only time I really stuff myself.

• Reading takes time, and the glass teat takes too much of it.

• Dreaming led to disappointment, and disappointment to a kind of depressed funk that wasn’t easy to shake. Better to stay in the gray than get eaten by the dark.