Deranged famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• The issue of faith is not so much whether we believe in God, but whether we believe the God we believe in. (p.35)

• If you teach three university courses a day, you need something to turn your mind off.

• I believe that the supreme duty of the historian is to write history, that is to say, to attempt to record in one sweeping sequence the greater events and movements that have swayed the destinies of man.

• I set myself up for a lot of trouble by wanting to tell a story that is fairly earnest and emotional and expressive, but to do it in the most subtle, realistic way.

• Listening can be an antidote to judgement. Listening matters.

• What is bad painting? Picabia made some deliberately bad paintings, but they were by him, so great in a way.

• What was any art but a mould in which to imprison for a moment the shining elusive element which is life itself - life hurrying past us and running away, too strong to stop, too sweet to lose.

• When you discover first love as a teenager, your whole life revolves around it and you open yourself up to it.

• Sometimes God allows storms to come together in such a way that they ultimately fulfill something that would never have happened otherwise.

• If we strive for happiness, it's going to be elusive because things constantly happen with human beings that disrupt that happiness. But if you focus on euphoros, the Greek word for "the bearer of goodness," you will be inhabited by the divine source of life.