Disdain famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• I've made every mistake - but mistakes are how you learn.

• When the time comes, we can only expect that we have learned enough to succeed.

• Peace is the gift of God. Do you want peace? Go to God. Do you want peace in four families? Go to God. Do you want peace to brood over your families? If you do, live your religion, and the very peace of God will dwell and abide with you, for that is where peace comes from, and it doesn't dwell anywhere else.

• I have been, and will go on, fighting that damnable, dirty, rotten business with all the power at my command.

• This is intimacy: the trading of stories in the dark.

• Our stay-put behavior reflects our view that the stock market serves as a relocation center at which money is moved from the active to the patient.

• The work never matches the dream of perfection the artist has to start with.

• One cup poured into another makes different waters; tears shed by one eye would blind if wept into another's eye. The breast we strike in joy is not the breast we strike in pain; any man's smile would be consternation on another's mouth.

• If all ideas have to be bought, then you have an intellectually regressive system that will assure you have a highly knowledgeable elite and an ignorant mass.

• The measure of your holiness is proportionate to the goodness of your will.