Degas famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• I still need Marines who can shoot and salute. But I need Marines who can fix jet engines and man sophisticated radar sets, as well.

• Film-making is a business and at the bottom line people who don't make fiscally responsible decisions end up going into another line of work.

• People have been wonderful to me in the good times and the bad, and I've come to believe that you do indeed reap what you sow. For those who constantly gripe about life, I turn and walk away. For those who speak negatively about people behind their backs, I move on.

• If you don't want to work, you have to work to earn enough money so that you won't have to work.

• The study of butterflies-creatures selected as the types of airiness and frivolity-instead of being despised, will some day be valued as one of the most important branches of Biological science.

• Your mother sounds like a formidable woman," Valek said into the silence. "You have no idea," Leif replied with a sigh. "Well, if she's anything like Yelena, my deepest sympathies," Valek teased. "Hey!" Leif laughed and the tense moment dissipated. Valek handed Leif his machete. "Do you know how to use it?" "Of course. I chopped Yelena's bow into firewood," Leif joked.

• I welcome and seek your ideas, but do not bring me small ideas; bring me big ideas to match our future.

• No, you just keep crashing my life. Look—" I said, and Al grunted. "Here it comes," the demon muttered. "Listen. Listen to this, runt. She's going to have a list.

• I was doing a play in New York, which we had done in New Haven, Connecticut. It was an American premiere of a play called The Changing Room written by a wonderful man named David Story. It was about a rugby team in the North of England. It got just screaming rave reviews. At that time, virtually every major critic went up to the Long Wharf Theater to see a new play like that.

• It's not completely inconceivable that someday you'll be able to download your own memories.