Dachshunds famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• I don't know what genre I've fallen into, I don't know where it is, and that's really exciting.

• When I got to the end of this play, I realized I was trying to make Angel do something that had not been justified by the characters and by their story . . .. I kept trying to force it, but that doesn't work. So I had to come to terms with what it meant for me to create a character who doesn't triumph.

• I never really looked up to celebrities when I was young.

• To endeavor to work upon the vulgar with fine sense is like attempting to hew blocks with a razor.

• The ground of liberty is to be gained by inches, and we must be contented to secure what we can get from time to time and eternally press forward for what is yet to get. It takes time to persuade men to do even what is for their own good.

• I didn't picture myself as even a grandmaster, to say nothing of aspiring to the chess crown. This was not because I was timid - I wasn't - but because I simply lived in one world, and the grandmasters existed in a completely different one. People like that were not really even people, but like gods or mythical heroes.

• I don't know why 'happy' can't be a story.

• In general there is something puzzling about the fact that the most renowned figures in chess - Morphy, Pillsbury, Capablanca and Fischer - were born in America.

• A final and long-lasting solution to the Kosovo issue cannot be achieved without an agreement with Serbia, especially in regard to the U.N.

• It really shocks me when I encounter people who think kindness doesn't matter. Because I think it's pretty much the only thing that matters.