Causation famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• The modern king has become a vermiform appendix: useless when quiet; when obtrusive, in danger of removal.

• And yet day and night meet fleetingly at twilight and dawn," he said, lowering his voice again and narrowing his eyes and moving his head a quarter of an inch closer to hers. "And their merging sometimes affords the beholder the most enchanted moments of all the twenty four hours. A sunrise or sunset can be ablaze with brilliance and arouse all the passion, all the yearning, in the soul of the beholder.

• You didn't have a choice about the parents you inherited, but you do have a choice about the kind of parent you will be.

• I saved the baby. I saved her. For you." - Bran

• If memories were all I sang, I'd rather drive a truck.

• I don't stay up and rent private jets and go on yachts and whoop it up in Miami.

• An interesting thing about the religious people who run Iran is that one of their problems with Ahmadinejad, who they thought would be one of their guys because he's so religious, is that he actually has some really nutty ideas about religion. He's too religious. He's too literal. I mean, there are plenty of people in Iran who like Ahmadinejad's religious beliefs, just as there are plenty of Christian fundamentalists in America who like George W. Bush's beliefs. But there are also plenty of people who are very uncomfortable with his overt religiosity.

• As a football coach, everything in your life comes after your football schedule. I just could not make that commitment.

• A man's free will cannot cure him even of the toothache, or a sore finger; and yet he madly thinks it is in its power to cure his soul.

• Faith in yourself and faith in God are the key to mastery of fear.