Scribes famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• Humorists are not humorous twenty-four hours a day. In fact, when you get to know them well, they are often not humorous at all. They tend to be hypersensitive, taut, neurotic creatures driven by God know what obscure compulsion to earn their living the hard way.

• States, virtually all of them, have a constitutional requirement to operate on a balanced budget.

• Truth and right are above utility in all realms of thought and action.

• Scientists know that women gravitate to men who have a different immune system from theirs.

• Flawed can be more perfect than perfection.

• In New Zealand, we have a one-party disclosure system, where if one of you knows you're being recorded, it's completely fine. It doesn't matter if the other person doesn't know. Look, I'm not breaking new ground by recording people who don't want to be recorded.

• We live with our archetypes, but can we live in them?

• The joke is, we all have the same punchline.

• When I was at college, the idea of fashion was more immediate to me, whereas art photography, the depth of it, was a different thing. Storytelling - fanciful storytelling - can only be told through fashion photography. It's the perfect way to play with fantasy and dreams.

• I think that the real religion is about the understanding that if we can only still our egos for a few seconds, we might have a chance of experiencing something that is divine in nature.