Equal Pay quotes

• I am an adamant feminist. It never occurred to me to take my husband's name when we married. I am a supporter of abortion rights, of equal pay for equal work, of the rights of women prisoners, of all the time-honored feminist causes, and then some.
    -- Ayelet Waldman

#Husband #Equal Pay #Names

• Today, women make up about half our workforce. But they still make 77 cents for every dollar a man earns. That is wrong, and in 2014, it’s an embarrassment. Women deserve equal pay for equal work.
    -- Barack Obama

#Men #Equal Pay #Dollars

• We’re going to foment our own revolution. So I say to the women out there in America, let’s keep this fight going! Put on your lipstick, square your shoulders, suit up, and let’s fight for a new American revolution where women are paid equal pay for equal work, and let’s end wage discrimination in this century once and for all!
    -- Barbara Mikulski

#Fighting #Squares #Equal Pay

• President Obama is also standing up for women in North Carolina and across our country. He has helped women fight for equal pay for equal work; he has fought to guarantee that women have access to quality, affordable health care, including making sure that insurance plans cover birth control with no out-of-pocket cost.
    -- Bev Perdue

#Country #Fighting #Equal Pay

• We need to stop buying into the myth about gender equality. It isn't a reality yet. Today, women make up half of the U.S. workforce, but the average working woman earns only 77 percent of what the average working man makes. But unless women and men both say this is unacceptable, things will not change.
    -- Beyonce Knowles

#Reality #Men #Equal Pay

• I want a Zero Tolerance policy on All The Patriarchal Bullshit.
    -- Caitlin Moran

#Zero #Equal Pay #Bullshit

• Republicans absolutely support equal pay for equal work.
    -- Cathy McMorris Rodgers

#Equal Pay #Support #Republican

• I want to be blunt: We should not be fighting about equal pay for equal work, and access to birth control, in 2012. These issues were resolved years ago - until the Republicans brought them back.
    -- Elizabeth Warren

#Fighting #Equal Pay #Years

• The reality is that if we do nothing it will take 75 years, or for me to be nearly a hundred before women can expect to be paid the same as men for the same work.
    -- Emma Watson

#Reality #Men #Equal Pay

• Women really must have equal pay for equal work, equality in work at home, and reproductive choices. Men must press for these things also. They must cease to see them as "women's issues" and learn that they are everyone's issues - essential to survival on planet Earth.
    -- Erica Jong

#Home #Men #Equal Pay

• I was born in Chicago, but I was raised in a town called Jackson, Tennessee. And a lot of these changes that were necessary and talked about it as important have been made, like, people go to school where they want to go. They work for equal pay, they work for - they can go school and have an equal shot at a job.
    -- Gil Scott-Heron

#Jobs #School #Equal Pay

• Sexism is alive and well! We were saying this forty years ago. I'm an optimist, so I like to think we've progressed in some ways - in Australia, we get equal pay.
    -- Jacki Weaver

#Thinking #Australia #Equal Pay

• Some people are surprised that the Republicans are waging a war on women, or that they voted against equal pay for women. I'm not surprised at all. In some ways, it may be a good thing. They're defending the patriarchy, which is a wounded beast! And wounded beasts are always dangerous.
    -- Jane Fonda

#War #Equal Pay #People

• Far too many women are hesitant, and remain trapped in jobs for which they are over-qualified or paid beneath their worth.
    -- Janet Street-Porter

#Jobs #Equal Pay #Equal

• What we need to do is raise the minimum wage. We also need to hold onto equal pay. Women work for 76 cents on the dollar for the same work that men do. That's not right in America.
    -- John F. Kerry

#Men #Equal Pay #America

• There was no equal pay law when I started working. I was no different to any other woman in any other job at the time.
    -- Kate Adie

#Jobs #Equal Pay #Law

• Today there are people trying to take away rights that our mothers, grandmothers and great-grandmothers fought for: our right to vote, our right to choose, affordable quality education, equal pay, access to health care. We the people can't let that happen.
    -- Kerry Washington

#Mother #Rights #Equal Pay

• We sought justice because equal pay for equal work is an American value. That fight took me ten years. It took me all the way to the Supreme Court. And, in a 5-4 decision, they stood on the side of those who shortchanged my pay, my overtime, and my retirement just because I am a woman.
    -- Lilly Ledbetter

#Retirement #Fighting #Equal Pay

• And whether it is equal pay, health care, Social Security, or family leave, this Congress has refused to address issues critical to hard-working American women.
    -- Louise Slaughter

#Hard Work #Equal Pay #Issues

• What some men don't understand is that by opposing policies to reduce violence, promote equal pay and universal healthcare and voting to limit access to contraception and legal abortion, they are relegating women to another century, a time when men ruled exclusively and women were considered property and had to be guided by a firm masculine hand.
    -- Madeleine M. Kunin

#Men #Equal Pay #Hands

• My own mother always taught me that fairness was a family value - I think equal pay is about fairness for everyone.
    -- Michael M. Honda

#Mother #Thinking #Equal Pay

• Equal pay isn't just a women's issue; when women get equal pay, their family incomes rise and the whole family benefits.
    -- Michael M. Honda

#Equality #Sisterhood #Equal Pay

• It's called male bonding. You'll never get it. I believe women are as capable as men, deserve equal pay—and that one day, should be sooner than later, in my opinion, the right woman can and should be leader of the free world. But you can't understand the male bonding rituals any more than men can understand why the vast majority of women are obsessed with shoes and other footwear.
    -- Nora Roberts

#Believe #Men #Equal Pay

• Employers must make far-reaching changes to employment terms and conditions for women: Equal pay for equal, decent work.
    -- Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka

#Equal Pay #Employment #Employers

• For the same work, dudes get paid more
    -- Rachel Maddow

#Equal Pay #Equal

• I once took on the role of the Batman for a commercial about equal pay for women.
    -- Richard Gautier

#Equal Pay #Pay #Roles

• SodaStream is a company that is not only committed to the environment, but to building a bridge to peace between Israel and Palestine, supporting neighbors working alongside each other, receiving equal pay, equal benefits and equal rights. That is what is happening in their Ma'ale Adumim factory every working day.
    -- Scarlett Johansson

#Rights #Israel #Equal Pay

• It's one thing to work women into your talking points. It's another to tell them how you are going to educate their kids, how you are going to ensure they get health care, how we are going to rebuild infrastructure, how they are going to get equal pay.
    -- Stephanie Cutter

#Kids #Equal Pay #Talking

• Now 'pay equity' has everything to do with pay and nothing to do with equity. It’s based on the vague notion of 'equal pay for work of equal value,' which is not the same as equal pay for the same job.
    -- Stephen Harper

#Jobs #Equal Pay #Equity

• The principle of equal pay for equal work is written in the EU Treaties since 1957. It is high time that it is put in practice everywhere.
    -- Viviane Reding

#Equal Pay #Practice #Principles

• During her Oscar acceptance speech, Patricia Arquette called for equal pay for women. Then Oprah stood up and said, 'She's right, I can't live like this. I can't take another second of this living hell.'
    -- Conan O'Brien

#Acceptance #Equal Pay #Speech

• All the evidence shows very clearly that if you are a member of a trade union you are likely to get better pay, more equal pay, better health and safety, more chance to get training, more chance to have conditions of work that help if you have caring responsibilities ... the list goes on!
    -- Frances O'Grady

#Responsibility #Caring #Equal Pay

• We need to roll back precarious employment models. Temporary and limited contracts were initially seen as a way of introducing more flexibility so as to bridge periods of need in certain phases of production. Some employers have taken advantage of the model to push down wages. In general, we must strive for equal pay for equal work.
    -- Martin Schulz

#Taken #Equal Pay #Bridges

• We have come far, but there is an ongoing battle to be fought. Many of the issues the Suffragettes were dealing with are still issues today across the globe: equal pay, parental rights, sexual abuse, etc.
    -- Sarah Gavron

#Equal Pay #Issues #Rights

• Women should have equal pay for equal work and they should be considered equally eligible to the offices of principal and superintendent, professor and president. So you must insist that qualifications, not sex, shall govern appointments and salaries.
    -- Susan B. Anthony

#Sex #Equal Pay #Should Have

• Join the union, girls, and together say Equal Pay for Equal Work.
    -- Susan B. Anthony

#Girl #Equal Pay #Diversity

• I do not demand equal pay for any women save those who do equal work in value. Scorn to be coddled by your employers; make them understand that you are in their service as workers, not as women.
    -- Susan B. Anthony

#Equal Pay #Demand #Employers

• Equal pay for equal work continues to be seen as applying to equal pay for men and women in the same occupation, while the larger point of continuing relevance in our day is that some occupations have depressed wages because women are the chief employee. The former is a pattern of sex discrimination, the latter of institutionalized sexism.
    -- Alice S Rossi

#Sex #Men #Equal Pay

• President Kennedy understood the importance of equal pay for equal work and signed historic legislation that gave women around the country hope that one day their wages would be on par with that of their male counterparts.
    -- Rosa DeLauro

#Country #Equal Pay #One Day

• And I spoke out on women's rights, like equal pay for equal work
    -- Karen Morley

#Rights #Equal Pay #Spokes