Squids quotes

• The leech's kiss, the squid's embrace, The prurient ape's defiling touch: And do you like the human race? No, not much.
    -- Aldous Huxley

#Kissing #Race #Squids

• There is the life of the plankton in almost endless variety; there are the many kinds of fish, both surface and bottom living; there are the hosts of different invertebrate creatures on the sea-floor; and there are those almost grotesque forms of pelagic life in the oceans depths. Then there are the squids and cuttlefish, and the porpoises, dolphins and great whales.
    -- Alister Hardy

#Ocean #Squids #Whales

• I love playing half squid/half crab guy because you can get away with a level of acting that if you tried it anywhere else they'd arrest you for crimes against acting.
    -- Bill Nighy

#Squids #Guy #Acting

• Fantasy and science fiction can be literal as well as allegorical and there’s nothing wrong with enjoying a monster like a giant squid for what it is, as well as searching for metaphor.
    -- China Mieville

#Squids #Monsters #Giants

• [On the Democratic Party:] Its leaders are always troubadors of trouble; crooners of catastrophe ... A Democratic President is doomed to proceed to his goals like a squid, squirting darkness all about him.
    -- Clare Boothe Luce

#Party #Squids #Goal

• Even something as complex as the eye has appeared several times; for example, in the squid, the vertebrates, and the arthropods. It's bad enough accounting for the origin of such things once, but the thought of producing them several times according to the modern synthetic theory makes my head swim
    -- Frank B. Salisbury

#Eye #Squids #Swim

• Starlet sex scandal. Giant squid involved.
    -- Margaret Atwood

#Sex #Squids #Giants

• Despite their cool poses they wear their cravings on the outside, like the suckers on a squid. They want it all.
    -- Margaret Atwood

#Squids #Want #Sucker

• The world's most powerful investment bank is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money.
    -- Matt Taibbi

#Powerful #Blood #Squids

• it's like a squid in love with the sky.
    -- Matthew Tobin Anderson

#Sky #Squids

• I'd like to be honest to my time, and I lived from 1946, and I want to understand why our country, which I love so much, and was a great country when I was young, it seemed, became this monster vampire on the face of humanity- a vampire squid, to quote Matt Taibbi, sucking out the juices of all mankind. Why? It's a basic question.
    -- Oliver Stone

#Country #Squids #Humanity

• I don't like slugs and tentacles and calamari or anything. Actually, tentacles made me turn into a vegetarian in high school. I'm not anymore, but in high school, we were dissecting squid.
    -- Selma Blair

#School #Squids #Slugs

• The squid is so cooperative. Its body forms a tube that can be stuffed with marvelous fillings. You don't have to be Greek to enjoy this one.
    -- Jeff Smith

#Food #Squids #Greek