Funk quotes

• I’ ve always been a fan of the basics. After you have a good solid foundation of Jiu-Jitsu, the rest comes by instinct. You create, invent. The rest is easy. The difficult part is the beginning.

• You have to listen to the movie while you're making it. I think that's important.

• Ancient traditions have long associated holy wells and springs as very special places of the Goddess or anima mundi: symbolic of the Great Mother and associated with birth, the feminine principle, the universal womb, the prima materia, the waters of fertility and refreshment and the fountain of life. The dreaming sites, as they are called, have also been associated with visions, healing, and other paranormal experiences. In ancient Greece, for example, there were more than three-hundred medical centers placed at water sources, where patients experienced healing.

• But,instead of what our imagination makes us suppose and which we worthless try to discover,life gives us something that we could hardly imagine.

• The secret of a good marriage is forgiving your partner for marrying you in the first place.

• My parents taught me I could be anything in the world I wanted to be.

• The thing about witchcraft," said Mistress Weatherwax, "is that it's not like school at all. First you get the test, and then afterward you spend years findin' out how you passed it. It's a bit like life in that respect

• Even in the world of make-believe there have to be rules. The parts have to be consistent and belong together.

• The success of any stand-up act comes out of life experience.

• There are some very good people in television, but a lot of fools running it.