Ensemble quotes

• If there is a lesson in our story it is that the manipulation, according to strictly self-consistent rules, of a set of symbols representing one single aspect of the phenomena may produce correct, verifiable predictions, and yet completely ignore all other aspects whose ensemble constitutes reality...
    -- Arthur Koestler

#Reality #Self #Ensemble

• This is a natural evolution, building a complete bath ensemble program and the Joseph Abboud bath brand within the Creative Bath family of licensed programs.
    -- Bob Weiss

#Creative #Ensemble #Baths

• The whole period has taught me that I enjoy being part of an ensemble rather than just a front man. Don't get me wrong - I enjoy that too, but I get more enjoyment out of really listening to everyone.
    -- Damon Albarn

#Men #Listening #Ensemble

• I don't have the time to tell you all the things I've learned from this cast. It's an extraordinary ensemble because we all support each other so well.
    -- David Hyde Pierce

#Support #Ensemble

• Yeah, I love doing ensemble pieces. You get to meet so many new people and make new friends.
    -- Devon Sawa

#People #Pieces #Ensemble

• I don't have any tattoos - I live vicariously through my sister, Langley, who has many. If I can't stick to one ensemble, I don't think I could stick to one tattoo.
    -- Dree Hemingway

#Tattoo #Thinking #Ensemble

• Writers, actors, anybody working on an ensemble-type thing, there are going to be some creaks in the beginning. It seems like there's tremendous potential in just letting things sort of breathe a little bit. It's tremendously important.
    -- Edie Falco

#Important #Ensemble #Actors

• It's really nice to pass the ball when you're in an ensemble cast.
    -- Elisabeth Rohm

#Nice #Balls #Ensemble

• The greatest contribution jazz has made in music has been to replace the role of the conductor with a member of the ensemble who, instead of waving his arms to keep time and convey mood, is an active member of the musical statement. That person is the drummer.
    -- Elvin Jones

#Musical #Roles #Ensemble

• Ensemble is hard to do. It's like 3-D chess.
    -- Eric Bogosian

#Ensemble #Chess

• My happiest times in the theater are when I do ensemble pieces. I really got into theater because of that closeness.
    -- Faith Prince

#Ensemble #Pieces #Theater

• It's more fun in a way to do ensemble scenes, where you know your background, you know the scene, but you can't prepare because someone else is going to say something that is going to lead you off
    -- Fred Willard

#Fun #Ensemble #Way

• I know that John Adams has had a very hard time directing French ensembles.
    -- Gavin Bryars

#Hard Times #Ensemble

• If you've only got one horn playing, I still want the sense of ensemble.
    -- Gerry Mulligan

#Ensemble #Want #Horns

• All conventional wisdom has an element of truth to it, but good design requires more than an element of truth - it requires an ensemble of correct assumptions and valid calculations.
    -- Henry Petroski

#Design #Ensemble #Elements

• I can imagine wanting to work with this ensemble and this company always.
    -- James Levine

#Ensemble #Imagine #Company

• The Emmy should be an ensemble award, too. I kept howling at everyone else's performances.
    -- Jeffrey Tambor

#Awards #Ensemble #Should

• No great television show has ever rested on just one person. They're all about great ensembles and storytelling.
    -- Justin Kirk

#Ensemble #Television #Storytelling

• I've never directed before, so I need to make sure that people know that I can. The movie that I've written, 'The Sophisticates,' is a... small ensemble comedy and I hope it's charming and funny.
    -- Lena Headey

#People #Needs #Ensemble

• I don't like the term 'ensemble.' It's bland to me.
    -- Lorenzo di Bonaventura

#Ensemble #Term #Bland

• 'Friends' was a true ensemble. There really was no star of the show.
    -- Matt LeBlanc

#Stars #Ensemble #Shows

• I got so lucky on my 'Red Widow' cast. It was just the universe looking out for me that I got those actors. It's a big ensemble cast, a very international cast. I don't know how that happened.
    -- Melissa Rosenberg

#Lucky #Widows #Ensemble

• It's refreshing to see a woman who can artfully weave her individuality into an otherwise safe ensemble.
    -- Nina Garcia

#Individuality #Safe #Ensemble

• Always make sure your jewelry isn't taking over you or your ensemble and keep everything in proportion to your frame
    -- Nina Garcia

#Over You #Ensemble #Jewelry

• When you're on an ensemble show and you're messing around with everybody every day and you're not in every scene, and then all of a sudden you're in every scene, it's rough.
    -- Paget Brewster

#Ensemble #Scene #Shows

• I just have always felt that I think we know that it's an ensemble show, and it's very hard to pick a show to submit when you're nominated, because usually everyone has a very strong part in every episode.
    -- Patricia Heaton

#Strong #Thinking #Ensemble

• I love being part of an ensemble.
    -- Rashida Jones

#Ensemble

• You are not alone in the world. You are part of an ensemble.
    -- Rich Mullins

#Ensemble #World #Not Alone

• If we were all determined to play the first violin we should never have an ensemble. therefore, respect every musician in his proper place.
    -- Robert Schumann

#Teamwork #Play #Ensemble

• I learn so much more in an ensemble movie.
    -- Ryan Phillippe

#Ensemble

• I tend to favour films that have multiple plot and story lines, multiple characters and ensemble pieces.
    -- Spike Lee

#Character #Plot #Ensemble

• Hill Street Blues gave me an opportunity to work with an ensemble cast of people whose work I admired.
    -- Steven Bochco

#Opportunity #People #Ensemble

• One of the ingredients that made Cheers work so well was the great ensemble of actors we had. That's the case with any good series...
    -- Ted Danson

#Cheer #Ensemble #Actors

• It's kind of like, I love doing tons of different things. The only thing I hate is not being in ensembles.
    -- Topher Grace

#Hate #Ensemble #Different

• Peter Hall was just organizing the Royal Shakespeare Company. It was going to be an ensemble, it was going to be in repertory, it was going to have a home in London as well as in the Midlands, and all of those things were happening at that time.
    -- Trevor Nunn

#Home #Ensemble #London

• When I was doing ensemble theater and comedy work, I felt I had some talents. But when I started doing my shows in Berkeley and found that I could be funny on my own, I was shocked.
    -- Whoopi Goldberg

#Ensemble #Comedy #Talent

• I just want to be a part of great stories, whether I'm part of an amazing ensemble cast or I'm leading it or the antagonist or whatever.
    -- Zoe Saldana

#Ensemble #Stories #Want

• I never rehearse scenes with the whole ensemble, because I need to preserve some surprise. Instead, I work with the cast individually on their characters.
    -- Arnaud Desplechin

#Character #Needs #Ensemble

• I prefer, and it turns out to be the truth, that I always have in my movies an ensemble of actors, but not just one individual doing the whole movie.
    -- Fedor Bondarchuk

#Ensemble #Actors #Individual

• I prefer live musicians whenever possible. And I tailor the ensemble to what is appropriate for the film and the score I'm writing.
    -- Geoff Zanelli

#Writing #Musician #Ensemble

• In a recording, your ear believes and accepts the trumpets as part of the ensemble, but you can't do that in a concert hall.
    -- Geoff Zanelli

#Believe #Ensemble #Ears

• The challenge, and also what I like most about a big ensemble movie, is that all actors have completely different processes and all of them prefer scenes to be done a different way.
    -- Jamie Linden

#Challenges #Different #Ensemble

• I love big ensemble shows where there are a lot of things going on and you have to really pay attention because there's a lot of nuanced work and universal themes are being explored.
    -- Janina Gavankar

#Attention #Ensemble #Pay

• A lot of times, working in stand up, youre by yourself ,and so you just have to rely on yourself only but I like working in an ensemble.
    -- Josh McDermitt

#Ensemble #Rely On Yourself #Rely

• I'm always having to check myself and make sure I'm not over singing in some ensemble thing that will render me unavailable for participation in the stuff where it really counts.
    -- Katherine Shindle

#Singing #Ensemble #Stuff

• When I was really young, I was reluctant to be perceived as bossy, and I thought that working with an ensemble was about generating a consensus all the time. Later on, I realized that it's actually generous to know what you want and to tell people what you want - actors, crew, everyone.
    -- Liza Johnson

#People #Ensemble #Actors

• I feel like the songs that I write are best when they are performed by an ensemble, rather than by one solo instrument.
    -- Thalia Zedek

#Song #Writing #Ensemble

• A lot of the things I've enjoyed the most and that I think have been the best are ensembles.
    -- David Morse

#Thinking #Ensemble #Enjoyed

• I've said that "2012" was my favorite ensemble cast, because it was so evenly good.
    -- Roland Emmerich

#Ensemble #My Favorite #Said

• We want an ensemble of stars, not comets.
    -- Rudolf Bing

#Stars #Ensemble #Want

• The ensemble playing is as clean as a whistle. The band plays in tune and with dynamics. Also, there is some fine arranging and orchestrating going on here, and the soloists perform at top level.
    -- Horace Silver

#Play #Tunes #Ensemble

• When an ensemble is really tight or playing as one, it's a transcendental experience. It is spiritual. It goes beyond the ensemble. Ray and I and Robby and Jim were pretty tight, musically and spiritually.
    -- John Densmore

#Spiritual #Rays #Ensemble

• I'm only involved really right now with the Art Ensemble of Chicago and the Brass Fantasy.
    -- Lester Bowie

#Art #Chicago #Ensemble