Snapshots quotes

• It looked like a biology lesson for gods, or a snapshot of the kind of ***** which might be enjoyed by sentient planets.
    -- Alastair Reynolds

#Snapshots #Lessons #Might

• The snapshots had become almost as dim as memories.
    -- Aldous Huxley

#Memories #Book #Snapshots

• No, every album is something like a snapshot. It only shows one moment in time. It shows what we feel and think right at that point in time, nothing more and nothing less
    -- Damon Albarn

#Thinking #Albums #Snapshots

• You can't go back. Once it's done, it's done. I'm sure there will be things that I would love to change, in the future, but each movie is a snapshot of its time and the resources, and you do your best on it.
    -- David Ayer

#Snapshots #Done #Resources

• A snapshot steals life that it cannot return. A long exposure [creates] a form that never existed.
    -- Dieter Appelt

#Long #Snapshots #Return

• In the digital universe, our personal history and its sense of narrative is succeeded by our social networking profile - a snapshot of the current moment. The information itself - our social graph of friends and likes - is a product being sold to market researchers in order to better predict and guide our futures.
    -- Douglas Rushkoff

#Order #Networking #Snapshots

• I'd rather come back with a few transcendent memories than an album of snapshots.
    -- Edmund White

#Memories #Albums #Snapshots

• A good snapshot stops a moment from running away.
    -- Eudora Welty

#Photography #Running #Snapshots

• I made songs really for myself - I didn't ever expect to put it out there and make this a record for mass consumption, this was really just a way for me to get out of my own situation and reclaim that part of myself - so when making the songs, I wanted a testament to what I'd gone through, I wanted a snapshot of those moments.
    -- Frank Iero

#Song #Gone #Snapshots

• Photos convey a point in time, so for casual snapshots I say wear the trends so you have fun images to look back at.
    -- George Kotsiopoulos

#Fun #Looks #Snapshots

• I don’t want to be myself, ever. I’m terrible at a snapshot. Terrible. I blink all the time. I’ve got facial Tourette’s. Unless I’m working and in that zone, I’m not very good at pictures, really,
    -- Kate Moss

#Snapshots #Want #Tourettes

• The problem with snapshots is that they replace actual memories. You lock down the moment and it becomes all there is of it.
    -- Lauren Beukes

#Memories #Locks #Snapshots

• I am a pationate lover of the snapshot, because of all photographic images, it comes closest to the truth ... the snapshooter['s] pictures have an apparent disorder and imperfection which is exactly their appeal and their style.
    -- Lisette Model

#Imperfection #Style #Snapshots

• Color was the palette of commercial photography and snapshot photography.
    -- Martin Parr

#Photography #Color #Snapshots

• Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph.
    -- Matt Hardy

#Inspirational #Snapshots #Photograph

• Church: if the world could see a snapshot of our worship today, would they perceive that we believe our God is worthy of praise?
    -- Matt Papa

#Believe #Church #Snapshots

• A father is a fellow who has replaced the currency in his wallet with snapshots of his kids.
    -- Michael Forest

#Father #Kids #Snapshots

• Every life has one true love snapshot.
    -- Mitch Albom

#Snapshots #One True Love

• I'm growing as an individual, but your always growing. All of my albums are snapshots of where I am artistically.
    -- Mos Def

#Snapshots #Growing #Albums

• If you aren't taking a representative sample, you won't get a representative snapshot.
    -- Nate Silver

#Snapshots #Sample

• A record is just a snapshot of where you are at any time.
    -- Norah Jones

#Snapshots #Records #Where You Are

• Business and human endeavors are systems...we tend to focus on snapshots of isolated parts of the system. And wonder why our deepest problems never get solved.
    -- Peter Senge

#Appreciation #Focus #Snapshots

• How many snapshots in the world were actually just-after shots, the moment that elicited the shooter to press the button never captured; instead, the detritus just following, the laughter, the reaction, the ripples.
    -- Reif Larsen

#Laughter #Snapshots #World

• There is something about this process, and about the whole 8 x 10 [camera] business, that takes it out of the arena of the snapshot, even though, of course, I'm always desperate for that feeling. I wanted those family pictures to look effortless. I wanted them to look like snapshots. And some of them did.
    -- Sally Mann

#Feelings #Looks #Snapshots

• It was a tradition to represent a dancer frozen in a chosen position, like a snapshot. I broke away from this tradition by superimposing postures, blending light and motion and scrambling the planes.
    -- Sonia Delaunay

#Light #Dancer #Snapshots

• I like using snapshot cameras because they're idiot-proof. I have bad eyesight, and I'm no good at focusing big cameras.
    -- Terry Richardson

#Snapshots #Cameras #Idiot

• Remember: a story is not a vignette. It has a beginning, middle and an end. It is not merely a snapshot in time.
    -- Chuck Wendig

#Writing #Stories #Snapshots

• [A digital snapshot] is meant primarily as a means of communication, and the images being sent are almost as ephemeral as speech, so rarely are they printed and made physical.
    -- Geoffrey Batchen

#Communication #Mean #Snapshots

• Never pose your subjects. Let them move about naturally... All great photographs today are snapshots.
    -- Martin Munkacsi

#Moving #Snapshots #Today

• Songs are snapshots of things - it's likened to looking at pictures.
    -- Michael Benjamin Lerner

#Song #Snapshots

• [When] I am taking a photograph, I am conscious that I am constructing images rather than taking snapshots. Since I do not take rapid photographs it is in this respect like a painting which takes a long time where you are very aware of what you are doing in the process. Exposure is only the final act of making the image as a photograph.
    -- Thomas Struth

#Long #Finals #Snapshots

• It's unarguable to say that every one of us has been moved by the beauty of what I have called snapshots, but for photographers they are charms and proverbs, and like lightening or wild strawberries.
    -- Tod Papageorge

#Snapshots #Photographer #Charm

• It was the era of photography. This may have influenced us, and played a part in our reaction against anything resembling a snapshot of life. (On the year 1905)
    -- Andre Derain

#Photography #Years #Snapshots

• I always consider every album to be a snapshot.
    -- DJ Shadow

#Albums #Snapshots

• Autism is not a snapshot. It's a life.
    -- Gerald Fischbach

#Autism #Snapshots