His Love quotes

• The Cross is not responsible for God's love; rather it was His love that conceived the Cross.
    -- Aiden Wilson Tozer

#His Love #Responsible #Crosses

• The money-getter who pleads his love of work has a lame defense, for love of work at money-getting is a lower taste than love of money.
    -- Ambrose Bierce

#Defense #Lame #His Love

• My function is to make whoever sees my films aware of his need to love and to give his love, and aware the beauty is summoning him.
    -- Andrei Tarkovsky

#Giving #Needs #His Love

• Looking back, it was the thing in his life that shamed him the most: the times he was purposefully, calculatingly mean to Alice. It was those moments, and there had been many of them, that indicated to him that he was not a good person. He got mad at her for many things, but it was always really for the same thing: that she possessed his love and he couldn't seem to get it back. She didn't deserve it, which was to say she deserved better
    -- Ann Brashares

#Mean #Mad #His Love

• God will never let you sink under your circumstances. He always provides a safety net and His love always encircles.
    -- Barbara Johnson

#Safety #His Love #Circumstances

• God is unchanging in His love. He loves you. He has a plan for your life. Don't let the newspaper headlines frighten you. God is still sovereign; He's still on the throne.
    -- Billy Graham

#Love You #Thrones #His Love

• We should be astonished at the goodness of God, stunned that He should bother to call us by name, our mouths wide open at His love, bewildered that at this very moment we are standing on holy ground.
    -- Brennan Manning

#Names #Mouths #His Love

• If there is equality it is in His love, not in us.
    -- C. S. Lewis

#His Love

• I still read Donne, particularly his love poems
    -- Carol Ann Duffy

#His Love #Love Poems #Donne

• It's not the large things that send a man to the madhouse... no, it's the continuing series of small tragedies... not the death of his love but the shoelace that snaps with no time left.
    -- Charles Bukowski

#Men #Tragedy #His Love

• The seasons change and you change, but the Lord abides evermore the same, and the streams of His love are as deep, as broad and as full as ever.
    -- Charles Spurgeon

#His Love #Lord #Broads

• As you spend time in God's Word and understand his love, the Holy Spirit will create new desires within you to love and serve others like never before.
    -- Chip Ingram

#Desire #His Love #Spirit

• The wonderful thing about praying is that you leave a world of not being able to do something, and enter God’s realm where everything is possible. He specializes in the impossible. Nothing is too great for His almighty power. Nothing is too small for His love.
    -- Corrie Ten Boom

#World #His Love #Able

• His love at once and dread instruct our thought; As man He suffer'd and as God He taught.
    -- Edmund Waller

#Men #Suffering #His Love

• Her joy with him was like nothing she had ever experienced. His love for her felt like a miracle.
    -- Elizabeth Chandler

#Joy #Miracle #His Love

• I can see why she feels left behind. Maybe even discarded. Is that why she refuses to accept my love and return it? Afraid that love doesn't last? Doesn't really exist? Afraid if her own father can withdraw his love (or at least the manifestation of his love), that maybe she somehow isn't worthy of the emotion?
    -- Ellen Hopkins

#Father #His Love #Lasts

• The natural impulses of every thoroughbred include his sense of honor; his love of fair play and courage; his dislike of pretense and of cheapness.
    -- Emily Post

#Play #Honor #His Love

• We have no inherent holiness. We are holy as we are possessed by the Holy Presence. We are holy in His holiness, loving in His love, strong in His strength, tender in His tenderness, patient in His patience, calm in His peace, and consecrated in His consecration.
    -- F. E. Marsh

#Strong #Holiness #His Love

• No man knoweth how another man maketh his love, for women tell not.
    -- Gelett Burgess

#Love #Men #His Love

• We are overhasty to speak as if God did not manifest himself by our silent feeling, and make his love felt through ours.
    -- George Eliot

#Feelings #His Love #Speak

• A man who isn't generous with his money isn't generous with his love and affection.
    -- Georgette Mosbacher

#Men #Generosity #His Love

• A man who makes known his love by words is a fool.
    -- Giacomo Casanova

#Men #His Love #Fool

• A man of active and resilient mind outwears his friendships just as certainly as he outwears his love affairs, his politics and his epistemology.
    -- H. L. Mencken

#Men #Mind #His Love

• To be sure, the response of faith to revelation, which God grants to the creature he chooses and moves with his love, occurs in such a way that it is truly the creature that provides the response, with its own nature and its natural powers of love.
    -- Hans Urs von Balthasar

#Moving #His Love #Way

• God's sovereignty is not in His right hand; God's sovereignty is not in His intellect; God's sovereignty is in His love.
    -- Henry Ward Beecher

#God #Hands #His Love

• That's the way to come to the Word of God. Read it as though it were His love letter to you.
    -- Howard G. Hendricks

#Letters #His Love #Way

• We do not make friends with God; God makes friends with us, bringing us to know him by making his love known to us... The word know, when used of God in this way, is a sovereign-grace word, pointing to God's initiative in loving, choosing, redeeming, calling and preserving.
    -- J. I. Packer

#Grace #Calling #His Love

• His love for Frodo rose above all other thoughts, and forgetting his peril he cried aloud: 'I'm coming Mr. Frodo!
    -- J. R. R. Tolkien

#Rose #His Love #Forget

• My father, a mining engineer and colliery manager, gave his brood many advantages not least of which, for me, was his love of singing which gave music a central place in our lives.
    -- James Black

#Father #Singing #His Love

• Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love.
    -- James H. Cone

#His Love #Holy #Rejects

• Dare not say that man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you.
    -- Jane Austen

#Men #His Love #Forget

• God put a million, million doors in the world for His love to walk through. One of those doors is you.
    -- Jason Gray

#Doors #World #His Love

• It is better to be alone with God. His friendship will not fail me, nor His counsel, nor His love. In His strength, I will dare and dare and dare until I die.
    -- Joan of Arc

#His Love #Failing #Dare

• Dad never ceased to remind my mother of his love for her,
    -- John Carter Cash

#Mother #Dad #His Love

• Today, begin to believe right by choosing to know and believe in the powerful truths of God’s Word and in His love for you.
    -- Joseph Prince

#Powerful #Believe #His Love

• The purposes of our God are great, His love unfathomable, His wisdom infinite, and His power unlimited; therefore, the Saints have cause to rejoice and be glad.
    -- Joseph Smith, Jr.

#Saint #Purpose #His Love

• My joy in life is not because I have not had any problems. I have joy because I have learned there is nothing too great for Gods power to deal with, nor anything too small or insignificant for His love to be concerned about.
    -- Josh McDowell

#Joy #His Love #Problem

• Take a firm grasp on God’s sovereignty and trust His love even when you don’t understand His purpose.
    -- Joyce Meyer

#Purpose #His Love #Sovereignty

• God loved us before he made us; and his love has never diminished and never shall.
    -- Julian of Norwich

#His Love #Made

• There are two great gifts which God, in his love for man, has granted from on high: the priesthood and the imperial dignity,
    -- Justinian I

#Men #Two #His Love

• Satan can never be as evil as our God is good. His mercy is limitless. His love is limitless!
    -- Karen Wheaton

#Love Is #Evil #His Love

• All the marvels of nature are glimpses of His divine power and expressions of His love.
    -- M. Russell Ballard

#Expression #Glimpse #His Love

• Our senses are never more awakened to our need for His love than when our need is most exposed.
    -- Matt Chandler

#Needs #His Love #Exposed

• Jack leaped over the gate, his sword aflame. To vanquish his foe and rescue his love.
    -- Melissa de la Cruz

#His Love #Rescue #Vanquish

• Christmas is a time when God showed His love for us, and we're ready to show God's love in the communities where we live and serve. That's the purpose of the church.
    -- Miles McPherson

#Community #Church #His Love

• Embrace more deeply His love, His mercy and grace, and the powerful gifts of His Atonement.
    -- Neil L. Andersen

#Powerful #Grace #His Love

• Even Stalin proclaimed his love for democracy. We do not learn about the nature of systems of power by listening to their rhetoric.
    -- Noam Chomsky

#Listening #Democracy #His Love

• When we preach the love of God there is a danger of forgetting that the Bible reveals not first the love of God but the intense, blazing holiness of God, with His love at the center of that holiness.
    -- Oswald Chambers

#Holiness #His Love #Firsts

• But the miracle of the redemptive reality of God is that the worst and the vilest offender can never exhaust the depths of His love.
    -- Oswald Chambers

#Reality #Miracle #His Love

• God never intended for us to simply be the objects of His love. We are also called to be the instruments of that love in the lives of others.
    -- Paul David Tripp

#His Love #Instruments #Lives Of Others

• For a man the whole world is his love. For a woman love is her whole world.
    -- Peter Altenberg

#Men #Love Is #His Love

• Then the lover, who is true and no counterfeit, must of necessity be loved by his love.
    -- Plato

#His Love #Lovers #Counterfeit

• The Lord is always there waiting to give us his love: it is an amazing thing, one which never ceases to surprise us!
    -- Pope Francis

#Giving #Waiting #His Love

• Love is God's essence; Power but his attribute: therefore is his love greater than his power.
    -- Richard B. Garnett

#Love Is #Essence #His Love

• A lover is always accused of something. But when he finds his love, whatever was lost in the looking comes back completely changed.
    -- Rumi

#His Love #Lovers #Lost

• Every love outside of HIS love, is pain.
    -- Rumi

#Pain #Love Is #His Love

• If a man has to make a woman the center of his love, why should he integrate animality into this sacred human emotion?...Is love incompelete without it?...Is love the name of physical excersize ?
    -- Saadat Hasan Manto

#Men #Names #His Love

• My desire is that my Lord would give me broader and deeper thoughts, to feed myself with wondering at His love.
    -- Samuel Rutherford

#Giving #Desire #His Love

• Every day we may see some new thing in Christ. His love hath neither brim nor bottom.
    -- Samuel Rutherford

#May #His Love #Christ

• God is great. God is faithful. And His love is set upon us. We come as we are, with trembling trust.
    -- Sandra McCracken

#Love Is #Faithful #His Love

• I was condemned to be beheaded, or burnt, as the king pleased; and he was graciously pleased, from the great remains of his love, to choose the mildest sentence.
    -- Sarah Fielding

#Kings #His Love #Remains

• Oh my goodness, I'm in love with Channing Tatum, although I think I'm too old to play his love interest. They'd probably cast me as his grandmomma's friend or something like that, but anything to be in a movie with Channing.
    -- Sherri Shepherd

#Thinking #Play #His Love

• We are of such value to God that He came to live among us... and to guide us home. He will go to any length to seek us, even to being lifted high upon the cross to draw us back to Himself. We can only respond by loving God for His love.
    -- St. Catherine of Siena

#Home #His Love #Loving God

• Value God and his love more than all the world, though there were millions of them. He valued you before the world, and therefore is beforehand with you in his love. He not only loved you from everlasting, (whereas your love is but of yesterday,) but in the valuation of it, he loved you before all worlds, and preferred you to all worlds: though you loved the world first, before you loved him.
    -- Thomas Goodwin

#Love Is #Yesterday #His Love

• There is no one that God does not love with all that he is. His love reaches beyond every sin and failure, hoping that at some moment they will come to know just how loved they are.
    -- Wayne Jacobsen

#His Love #Doe #Sin

• To say that everything in the bible is to be believed , simply because it is found in that volume, is equally absurd and pernicious... To discard a portion of scripture is not necessarily to reject the truth, but may be the highest evidence that one can give of his love of truth.
    -- William Lloyd Garrison

#Giving #May #His Love

• Satin and lace and brown velvet and the faint odor of violets. That was all which was left to him of his love.
    -- William Maxwell

#His Love #Violet #Lace

• The lower a man descends in his love, the higher he lifts his life.
    -- William Rounseville Alger

#Men #His Love #Benevolence

• God listens to our weeping when the occasion itself is beyond our knowledge, but still within His love and power.
    -- Daniel A. Poling

#Prayer #His Love #Weeping

• I love his Word and I hope when readers discover how God communicates his love for them through each book of the Bible, they'll fall deeper in love with his Word too.
    -- Jennifer Rothschild

#Book #Fall #His Love

• ...his love was too much for him, he felt paralyzed, he wanted to sleep inside her lungs and breathe her blood and be smothered.
    -- Tim O'Brien

#Sleep #Blood #His Love

• The willingness of God to sacrifice his Son to reconcile us to himself is a demonstration of his love for us.
    -- Robert Jeffress

#Son #Sacrifice #His Love

• The devil has convinced so many people that they are worthless. Each of us needs to stop and remember the cross-at the cross we will discover our true value-for it is here that we discover the price God was willing to pay for us, the depth of His love, and how much we are worth to Him.
    -- Roy Lessin

#People #Devil #His Love

• ...if I need to apologize for misrepresenting God's love I'd rather apologize for overstating His love than for understating it.
    -- Steve McVey

#Needs #His Love #Apologizing