One Sentence quotes

• Sugar Ray Robinson was probably the greatest pound-for-pound fighter of all time.

• Also, though not over-elderly, he was not over-young.

• I dont want to be compared to Brad Pitt because I dont want to, you know, disappoint anybody. Brad Pitt is an icon.

• When the Turkish authorities gave the orders for these deportations, they were merely giving the death warrant to a whole race; they understood this well, and, in their conversations with me, they made no particular attempt to conceal the fact… I am confident that the whole history of the human race contains no such horrible episode as this. The great massacres and persecutions of the past seem almost insignificant when compared to the sufferings of the Armenian race in 1915.

• I guess intractable right-wing ideologues are my mortal enemy.

• So our own actions sometimes have undermined our safety, in our efforts to fight terrorism. The only way this can work is if we are aligned with liberals, with moderate Muslim forces. But if our war on terrorism is seen - as it is seen by many Muslims - as a war on Islam itself, it's very hard for us to have Muslim alliances, because America and the West have become so toxic.

• Take a quart of nature, boil it down to a pint, and the residue is art.

• Ask what you can do for influencers, not what influencers can do for you - develop relationships!

• There is no religion without mysteries. God Himself is the great secret of Nature .

• The greatest force of personal liberation is the decision to widen our circle of compassion, moving from focus on self to focus on service.