Munich quotes

• I ought to have seized the initiative in 1938 instead of allowing myself to be forced into war in 1939; for war was, in any case, unavoidable. However, you can hardly blame me if the British and the French accepted at Munich every demand I made of them! (14th February 1945)
    -- Adolf Hitler

#War #Demand #Munich

• The Pact of Munich is signed. Czechoslovakia as a power is out.
    -- Alfred Jodl

#Munich #Pact

• Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game. They have won five European Cups and their status is up there with AC Milan, Inter Milan, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.
    -- Brendan

#Real #Games #Munich

• The stadium here in Munich is the best of the lot for me. It is absolutely fantastic, especially the way it lights up a different colour according to who is playing. It's superb
    -- Claudia Schiffer

#Light #Different #Munich

• At Munich we sold the Czechs for a few months grace, but the disgrace will last as long as history.
    -- F. L. Lucas

#Long #Grace #Munich

• I liked Germany; I'm not into Berlin, it's too huge and empty and imposing, but Munich was good.
    -- Graham Coxon

#Germany #Munich #Berlin

• There was an exhibition in Munich in 1937, 'Degenerate Art,' which included work by Klee, Kandinsky, Beckmann and many others. The work was called 'sick' and put in the trash heap. The sentiments expressed toward contemporary art by Jesse Helms, Pat Robertson and Mayor Giuliani recall the language used by the Nazis.
    -- Hans Haacke

#Art #Sick #Munich

• My webmaster lives in Munich and is a very dear friend of mine. He is doing a great job on the site and it is constantly being updated and always will.
    -- Jimmy Carl Black

#Jobs #Munich #Great Job

• After the first exams, I switched to the Faculty of Philosophy and studied Zoology in Munich and Vienna.
    -- Karl von Frisch

#Philosophy #Vienna #Munich

• The people on the streets just say 'hi' and let me walk on. They take relatively few photos, and those that do are tourists. Munich natives are relatively relaxed. They pretty much leave me in peace and I think that's very good. The Bavarian mentality fits very well to me.
    -- Manuel Neuer

#Thinking #People #Munich

• I cried when Mario Gotze told me hell leave Borussia Dortmund & join Bayern Munich
    -- Marco Reus

#Munich #Hell #Bayern Munich

• Kandinsky in Munich uttered the well known words: 'Everything is permitted!' In 1961; we still live by this heritage, which in truth is inexhaustible.
    -- Michel Seuphor

#Heritage #Munich #Truth Is

• We are Bayern Munich and English teams always have trouble as soon as they leave the island.
    -- Oliver Kahn

#Team #Islands #Munich

• I remember, with the third [Twilight] movie, when we went to Munich and the entire Olympic stadium was filled with fans. We walked in there and did nothing.
    -- Robert Pattinson

#Twilight #Munich #Fans

• I also work with the regular orchestras in Munich, Germany and other similar orchestras.
    -- Skitch Henderson

#Munich #Germany #Orchestra

• When [Adolf] Hitler was in Munich, their place [with Eva Braun] to meet was always his apartment. Before that, it was at Hoffmann's place. They had their routine there, Hitler had his security there, it was a place he was used to. He never got used to the apartment he got us on the Widenmayerstraße .
    -- Gretl Braun

#Munich #Routine #Used

• [I] love 'Munich', man. That's a very underappreciated film.
    -- Janusz Kaminski

#Men #Munich #Film

• Really fantastic film, 'Munich'. So yeah, if I would say, what's the most underappreciated film, I think 'Munich' would be the one.
    -- Janusz Kaminski

#Thinking #Munich #Would Be

• Only Bayern Munich really have some sort of a guarantee to win if they only catch a good day. All the others need really good days to win. I like that.
    -- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

#Good Day #Winning #Munich

• I love the city and the people of Munich. I have many great friends there.
    -- Steve Purdy

#Cities #People #Munich