Vastness quotes

• This is the time. This is the place. This is the vastness. Right here is paradise. Always. Always.
    -- Byron Katie

#Vastness #Paradise #Spirituality

• We are one species. We are starstuff.
    -- Carl Sagan

#Vastness #Species

• It's hard to kill a creature once it lets you see its consciousness.
    -- Carl Sagan

#Vastness #Consciousness #Creatures

• She had studied the universe all her life, but had overlooked its clearest message: For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
    -- Carl Sagan

#Vastness #Messages #Bearable

• The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.
    -- Carl Sagan

#Science #Vastness #May

• In the vastness of the Cosmos there must be other civilizations far older and more advanced than ours.
    -- Carl Sagan

#Civilization #Cosmos #Vastness

• Humans are very good at dreaming, although you'd never know it from your television.
    -- Carl Sagan

#Dream #Television #Vastness

• It's highly improbable in the limitless vastness of the Universe that we humans stand alone.
    -- Charles Bolden

#Vastness #Limitless #Stand Alone

• [Rumi] is trying to get us to feel the vastness of our true identity... like the sense you might get walking into a cathedral...
    -- Coleman Barks

#Trying #Identity #Vastness

• I bet that if you actually read the entire vastness of the U.S. Tax Code, you'd find at least one sex scene . . .
    -- Dave Barry

#Sex #Vastness #Scene

• What a life in science really teaches you is the vastness of our ignorance.
    -- David Eagleman

#Ignorance #Vastness #Teach

• Forty thousand years of evolution and we've barely even tapped the vastness of human potential.
    -- David Koepp

#Years #Vastness #Evolution

• When we feel connected to the vastness of life and are confident of life's abundance, we are naturally generous and able to practice the third yama, non-stealing (asteya).
    -- Donna Farhi

#Practice #Vastness #Able

• That stillness and vastness that enables the Universe to be, is not just out there in space...it is also within you.
    -- Eckhart Tolle

#Space #Vastness #Stillness

• There is something bigger than fact: the underlying spirit, all it stands for, the mood, the vastness, the wildness.
    -- Emily Carr

#Vastness #Facts #Spirit

• But, when the work was finished, the Craftsman kept wishing that there were someone to ponder the plan of so great a work, to love its beauty, and to wonder at its vastness.
    -- Giovanni Pico della Mirandola

#Wish #Vastness #Wonder

• Is it only humans that look up with wonder at the stars and the vastness of the universe?
    -- Gregory Colbert

#Stars #Looks #Vastness

• Decisive moment: the one when you will be really alone. And it is perhaps this that makes her hesitate: not the void, but the vastness of the solitude. It's as well if you are frightened of solitude. It's a sign that you have come to the moment of your birth.
    -- Helene Cixous

#Solitude #Vastness #Void

• An extraordinary writer....It is the vastness of Nick Tosches’ heart that makes it possible to reveal the darkness.
    -- Hubert Selby, Jr.

#Heart #Darkness #Vastness

• The sublimity connected with vastness, is familiar to every eye.
    -- James F. Cooper

#Book #Eye #Vastness

• I admire our ancestors, whoever they were. I think the first self-conscious person must have shaken in his boots. Because as he becomes self-conscious, he's no longer part of nature. He sees himself against nature. He looks at the vastness of the universe and it looks hostile.
    -- John Shelby Spong

#Thinking #Self #Vastness

• The work reveals the creator - and as our universe in its vastness, its orderliness, its exquisite detail, tells us something of the One who made it, so a work of fiction, for better or worse, will reveal the writer.
    -- Katherine Paterson

#Details #Fiction #Vastness

• The city of Pittsburgh gleaming suddenly before her . . . so startling in its vastness and its beauty that she had gasped and slowed, afraid of losing control of the car
    -- Kim Edwards

#Cities #Car #Vastness

• The entire world we apprehend through our senses is no more than a tiny fragment in the vastness of Nature.
    -- Max Planck

#Nature #Vastness #Tiny

• The auditory perception is not sufficient for our knowledge of the world; it does not have vastness.
    -- Robert Delaunay

#Perception #World #Vastness

• Such is the vastness of his genius that he can outwit even himself.
    -- Steven Erikson

#Genius #Vastness

• To see things for what they are is to see with the eyes of the vastness itself.
    -- Suzanne Segal

#Eye #Vastness #Awareness

• When asked Who I Am, the only answer possible is: I am the infinite, the vastness that is the substance of all things. I am no one and everyone, nothing and everything -- just as you are.
    -- Suzanne Segal

#Who I Am #Answers #Vastness

• Solve global warming, eliminate the nuclear threat, and we will still have to confront the vastness of our species and the way it diminishes, without thinking, all the other species around it.
    -- Verlyn Klinkenborg

#Thinking #Vastness #Way

• It may be -- I hope it is -- redemption to guess and perhaps perceive that the universe, the hell which we see for all its beauty, vastness, majesty, is only part of a whole which is quite unimaginable.
    -- William Golding

#Redemption #Vastness #May

• Life is a peephole, a single tiny entry onto a vastness--how can I not dwell on this brief, cramped view of things? This peephole is all I've got!
    -- Yann Martel

#Views #Vastness #Tiny

• Cities, in many ways, are the best repositories for a love affair. You are in a forest or a cornfield, you are walking by the seashore, footprint after footprint of trodden sand, and somehow the kiss or the spoken covenant gets lost in the vastness and indifference of nature. In a city there are places to remind us of what has been.
    -- Edna O'Brien

#Kissing #Cities #Vastness

• A great novelist must open the reader's heart, allow the reader to remember the vastness and glory -- and shame and shabbiness -- of what it is to be human.
    -- Carolyn See

#Heart #Novelists #Vastness