Eruption quotes

• All great movements are popular movements. They are the volcanic eruptions of human passions and emotions, stirred into activity by the ruthless Goddess of Distress or by the torch of the spoken word cast into the midst of the people.
    -- Adolf Hitler

#Passion #People #Eruption

• Despite our strongly felt kinship and oneness with nature, all the evidence suggests that nature doesn't care one whit about us. Tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions happen without the slightest consideration for human inhabitants.
    -- Alan Lightman

#Earthquakes #Oneness #Eruption

• The movies are an eruption of trash that has lamed the American mind and retarded Americans from becoming cultured people.
    -- Ben Hecht

#People #Mind #Eruption

• I never ate of the grapes nor feared of the eruptions.
    -- David O. Selznick

#Eruption #Grapes

• When I was 13, I was just figuring out how to play 'Eruption,' poorly, by Eddie Van Halen.
    -- Dierks Bentley

#Play #Eruption #Vans

• A democracy is a volcano which conceals the fiery materials of its own destruction. These will produce an eruption and carry desolation in their way.
    -- Fisher Ames

#Volcanoes #Democracy #Eruption

• We are, all of us, growing volcanoes that approach the hour of their eruption, but how near or distant that is, nobody knows- not even God.
    -- Friedrich Nietzsche

#Volcanoes #Growing #Eruption

• Art is visceral and vulgar - it's an eruption.
    -- Georg Baselitz

#Art #Eruption #Visceral

• The legend of the parting of the Red Sea probably refers to tidal changes in the Sea of Reeds related to the Thera eruption.
    -- Julian Jaynes

#Sea #Eruption #Legends

• Revival is the eruption of God's heart on a life poured out.
    -- Lou Engle

#Heart #Eruption #Revival

• Reality is the apparent absence of contradiction. The marvelous is the eruption of contradiction within the real.
    -- Louis Aragon

#Real #Eruption #Absence

• Do these fuels result always and necessarily in one way from the decomposition of a pre-existing organic substance? Is it thus with the hydrocarbons so frequently observed in volcanic eruptions and emanations, and to which M. Ch. Sainte-Claire Deville has called attention in recent years? Finally, must one assign a parralel origin to carbonaceous matter and to hydrocarbons contained in certain meteorites, and which appear to have an origin foreign to our planet? These are questions on which the opinion of many distinguished geologists does not as yet appear to be fixed.
    -- Marcellin Berthelot

#Years #Eruption #Doe

• The eruption of lived pleasure is such that in losing myself I find myself; forgetting that I exist, I realize myself.
    -- Raoul Vaneigem

#Eruption #Losing #Realizing

• First of all, there was a volcano of words, an eruption of words that Shakespeare had never used before that had never been used in the English language before. It's astonishing. It pours out of him.
    -- Stephen Greenblatt

#Volcanoes #Firsts #Eruption

• [Footnote:] Pliny the Elder perished in 79 A.D. when he refused to flee from the great eruption of Mt. Vesuvius, insisting that everything would be all right. It wasn't.
    -- Will Cuppy

#Would Be #Eruption #Footnotes