Buckets quotes

• History is a commentary on the various and continuing incapabilities of men. What is history? History is women following behind with the bucket.
    -- Alan Bennett

#Men #Buckets #Incapability

• My husband and I both have our bucket lists. Running a marathon was on mine.
    -- Alison Sweeney

#Running #Husband #Buckets

• Slang is a foul pool at which every dunce fills his bucket, and then sets up as a fountain.
    -- Ambrose Bierce

#Buckets #Pool #Fountain

• Salamander: Originally a reptile inhabiting fire; later, an anthropomorphous immortal, but still a pyrophile. Salamanders are now believed to be extinct, the last one of which we have an account having been seen in Carcassonne by the Abbe Belloc, who exorcised it with a bucket of holy water.
    -- Ambrose Bierce

#Fire #Water #Buckets

• Society can transport money from rich to poor only in a leaky bucket
    -- Arthur Melvin Okun

#Buckets #Poverty #Rich

• A little bit of suspicion is a dangerous thing; a drop from a pipette of poison into a bucket of otherwise clean water.
    -- Bella Pollen

#Water #Buckets #Poison

• I like Yorkshire terriers. They're good to wash your car with. They fit right in the bucket.
    -- Billiam Coronel

#Car #Buckets #Yorkshire

• We shall prosper as we learn to do the common things of life in an uncommon way. Let down your buckets where you are.
    -- Booker T. Washington

#Buckets #Way #Common

• Americans around the country who came forward to make my 'bucket list' dream come true.
    -- Brittany Maynard

#Dream #Country #Buckets

• Blues was my first love. It was the first thing where I said, 'Oh man, this is the stuff.' It just sounded so raw and honest, gut-bucket honest. From then I started rebelling.
    -- Carlos Santana

#First Love #Men #Buckets

• I know all about love that's too big to stay in a tiny bucket. Splashing out all over the place in the most embarrassing way possible.
    -- Carol Rifka Brunt

#Buckets #Way #Tiny

• Whitley Bay was my first experience of the seaside. I'd buy my bucket and spade, and beach ball, and all the shops were teeming with toys. I used to spend hours on the shuggy boats.
    -- Cherie Lunghi

#Beach #Buckets #Balls

• A tiny hole can empty a great big bucket.
    -- Cynthia Lewis

#Teaching #Buckets #Tiny

• First of all, if it's on your mind, your mind isn't clear. Anything you consider unfinished in any way must be captured in a trusted system outside your mind, or what I call a collection bucket, that you know you'll come back to regularly and sort through.
    -- David Allen

#Mind #Buckets #Way

• It's not the nineteenth century; I'm not meant to be judged on how good a housekeeper I am. Getting down on the floor with a lemon and a bucket of vinegar does not make me a better person.
    -- Emily Matchar

#Doe #Buckets #Vinegar

• I won't make a bucket list because I'm so afraid that I'll die and then people will find my bucket list and be, like, 'Oh, she didn't get to do that.'
    -- Emma Stone

#People #Buckets #Lists

• This is the standard procedure for corporate growth these days; one company buys up another on loans that are floated on the basis of future earnings, and the monopoly or oligopoly created in this way produces the necessary funds by squeezing out competition, and passing the costs along to the consumer. The bucket that holds the new wealth is called a corporation.
    -- Eric Kierans

#Competition #Growth #Buckets

• Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.
    -- Frank Abagnale

#Two #Gentleman #Buckets

• Stories are like a river that flows - you dip a bucket in it
    -- Gary Paulsen

#Rivers #Dip #Buckets

• I like old fashioned things. We have these old wine buckets at the restaurant and none of them match.
    -- Geoffrey Zakarian

#Wine #Buckets #Restaurants

• What is in the well of the heart will come up through the bucket of the mouth.
    -- J. Vernon McGee

#Heart #Buckets #Mouths

• THE ABANDONED VALLEY Can you understand being alone so long you would go out in the middle of the night and put a bucket into the well so you could feel something down there tug at the other end of the rope?
    -- Jack Gilbert

#Night #Long #Buckets

• If you're a redneck, you have that blood flowing through your veins. That's almost on the bucket list, to hear Lynyrd Skynyrd`s "Freebird" live.
    -- Jeff Foxworthy

#Redneck #Blood #Buckets

• The cold rain came down in buckets. I was shaking, shivering, and naked, and more soap was getting into my eyes. But hey. At least I was clean.
    -- Jim Butcher

#Rain #Eye #Buckets

• Two tears in a bucket. Motherfuck it.
    -- John Berendt

#Two #Tears #Buckets

• The vice-presidency isnt worth a bucket of warm piss,
    -- John Nance Garner

#Vices #Buckets

• Israel was always on my bucket list, it was always one of those places that you check off and move onto the next place, but I'm never going to check Israel off my list. It's a place I'm always going to want to come back to.
    -- Lana Parrilla

#Moving #Israel #Buckets

• I don't know if this is too weird to say, but this is completely surreal for me. Bizarre. The cover of 'Teen Vogue' has been on my bucket list forever.
    -- Lily Collins

#Forever #Lists #Buckets

• Charge hell with a bucket of water.
    -- Liz Carpenter

#Water #Buckets #Hell

• I cleaned up my act because otherwise I would have kicked the bucket.
    -- Lou Reed

#Buckets

• My goal on my bucket list is to write a romantic comedy movie.
    -- Lynda Barry

#Writing #Goal #Buckets

• You know when you're milking a cow and you have all that foamy white milk in the bucket and you're just about through, when all of a sudden the cow switches her tail through a pile of manure and slaps it into that foamy white milk. That's Bill Fulbright.
    -- Lyndon B. Johnson

#White #Buckets #Tails

• Listen, I must be 110 by now. Granny is going to kick the bucket at some point.
    -- Maggie Smith

#Buckets #Granny #Kicks

• Don't ever empty the bucket of mystery. Never let people define what you do. It's not about zigging when you should zag. It's not about doing something unprecedented and unpredictable. It's just about never being a word, or something that is not in the process of transformation.
    -- Marilyn Manson

#People #Buckets #Transformation

• Our prayer and God's mercy are like two buckets in a well; while the one ascends the other descends.
    -- Mark Hopkins

#Prayer #Two #Buckets

• There have been misperceptions that we're trying to make all the information open on Facebook, and that's completely false. There are big buckets of information that we recommend that you share with only your friends privately. Then some of the more basic information, we recommend that that's visible to everyone.
    -- Mark Zuckerberg

#Trying #Information #Buckets

• The well of Providence is deep. It's the buckets we bring to it that are small.
    -- Mary Webb

#Buckets #Providence #Wells

• The trouble with bucket seats is that not everybody has the same size bucket.
    -- Maxine

#Size #Buckets #Trouble

• Let us not throw the rope after the bucket.
    -- Miguel de Cervantes

#Buckets #Rope #Prudence

• I would love to be a Bond girl. That is on my bucket list, definitely.
    -- Morena Baccarin

#Girl #Lists #Buckets

• Everyone carries a bucket of water and a bucket of gas in life. A leader has learned to throw the right one at the right time.
    -- Orrin Woodward

#Water #Leader #Buckets

• Most time is wasted, not in hours, but in minutes. A bucket with a small hole in the bottom gets just as empty as a bucket that is deliberately kicked over....
    -- Paul J. Meyer

#Time #Buckets #Hours

• There is a fountain inside you. Don't walk around with an empty bucket.
    -- Rumi

#Buckets #Empty #Fountain

• Seek not for fresher founts afar, just drop you bucket where you are.
    -- Sam Walter Foss

#Keys #Afar #Buckets

• Just drop your bucket where you are.
    -- Sam Walter Foss

#Buckets #Where You Are

• Two buckets were easier carried than one. / I grew up in between.
    -- Seamus Heaney

#Two #Buckets #Grew

• I have seen the film The Alamo and right now I feel like I've got Davy Crockett behind me. Sometimes I feel like I could put my head in a bucket of water
    -- Stuart Pearce

#Water #Buckets #Film

• I always want to learn but I am sure on my dying day I will feel like I left something in the bucket.
    -- Tim McGraw

#Dying #Want #Buckets

• Gaining trust is like filling a bucket one drop at a time.
    -- Todd Duncan

#Buckets #Filling

• We give advice by the bucket, but take it by the grain.
    -- Tom Stoppard

#Giving #Advice #Buckets

• When it's raining gold, reach for a bucket, not a thimble.
    -- Warren Buffett

#Rain #Gold #Buckets

• The great British Library --an immense collection of volumes of all ages and languages, many of which are now forgotten, and most of which are seldom read: one of these sequestered pools of obsolete literature to which modern authors repair, and draw buckets full of classic lore, or pure English, undefiled wherewith to swell their own scanty rills of thought.
    -- Washington Irving

#Age #Library #Buckets

• Choose your companions from the best; Who draws a bucket with the rest soon topples down the hill.
    -- William Butler Yeats

#Buckets #Hills #Companion

• Defend me, therefore, common sense, say From reveries so airy, from the toil Of dropping buckets into empty wells, And growing old in drawing nothing up.
    -- William Cowper

#Drawing #Common Sense #Buckets

• Let the bucket of memory down into the well, bring it up. Cool, cool minutes. No one stirring, no plans. Just being there.
    -- William Stafford

#Memories #Just Being #Buckets

• There's little to see, but things leave an impression. It's a matter of time and repetition. As something old wears thin or out, something new wears in. The handle on the pump, the crank on the churn, the dipper floating in the bucket, the latch on the screen, the door on the privy, the fender on the stove, the knees of the pants and the seat of the chair, the handle of the brush and the lid to the pot exist in time but outside taste; they wear in more than they wear out. It can't be helped. It's neither good nor bad. It's the nature of life.
    -- Wright Morris

#Doors #Buckets #Floating

• It's the good old paradox of democracy. We are individually pretty small drops in the bucket, but collectively we are all powerful.
    -- Damian Kulash

#Powerful #Democracy #Buckets

• I've kind of achieved everything I thought that I never would, so I haven't really got a bucket list. But I really wanna go to loads of different places.
    -- Gabrielle Aplin

#Buckets #Different #Lists

• When you are relaxed about where you are at in life, things tend to flow more fluidly. It is as if you poke three holes in a bucket of water. The same amount of water is going to flow out the holes whether you let it flow or you shake the bucket. The difference is the amount of turmoil on the inside of the bucket!
    -- Jennifer O'Neill

#Differences #Water #Buckets

• I want to work, but I certainly am not going to be clawing at empty things when I can completely fill up my bucket with them - the other is a waste of my time.
    -- Kelli O'Hara

#Buckets #Want #Waste

• History is a bucket of ashes.
    -- Samuel Butler

#Carpe Diem #Buckets #Ashes

• You can throw a bucket of cold water on Russians, and we can take it. But one shouldn't humiliate us!
    -- Vladimir Yakunin

#Water #Buckets #Cold

• I think the more aggressive I am on defense helps me to get easier buckets and get in a good grove.
    -- Baron Davis

#Thinking #Buckets #Defense

• Never plant without a bucket of compost at your side.
    -- Elsa Bakalar

#Your Side #Buckets #Sides