Fading quotes

• Beauty is a fading flower,Truth is but a wizard's tower,Where a solemn death-bell tolls,And a forest round it rolls.
    -- Alfred Noyes

#Flower #Fading #Wizards

• Though many schizophrenics become curiously attached to their delusions, the fading of the nondelusional world puts them in loneliness beyond all reckoning, a fixed residence on a noxious private planet they can never leave, and where they can receive no visitors.
    -- Andrew Solomon

#Depression #Loneliness #Fading

• Time's stern tide, with cold Oblivion's wave, Shall soon dissolve each fair, each fading charm.
    -- Anna Seward

#Fading #Tides #Cold

• Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust, no fading of its hope; it can outlast anything. Love still stands when all else has fallen.
    -- Blaise Pascal

#Endurance #Fading #Limits

• Poetry is a series of explanations of life, fading off into horizons too swift for explanations.
    -- Carl Sandburg

#Horizon #Fading #Explanation

• Religion was fading into the background. He had shovelled away all the beliefs that would hamper him, had cleared the ground, and come more or less to the bedrock of belief that one should feel inside oneself for right or wrong, and should have the patience to gradually realise one's God. Now life interested him more.
    -- D. H. Lawrence

#Fading #Belief #Hamper

• Fading light buttered the ridges until shadows licked them clean and they were lost to nightfall.
    -- Daniel Woodrell

#Light #Shadow #Fading

• Better a thousand times even a swiftly fading, ephemeral moment of life than the epoch-long unconsciousness of the stone.
    -- Edwin Way Teale

#Life #Long #Fading

• Spring flies, and with it all the train it leads; and flowers, in fading, leave us but their seeds.
    -- Friedrich Schiller

#Spring #Flower #Fading

• The fading light is us, and we are, for a moment so brief (...) beautiful.
    -- Gary Shteyngart

#Beautiful #Light #Fading

• Beauty, strength, youth, are flowers but fading seen; Duty, faith, love, are roots, and ever green.
    -- George Peele

#Flower #Roots #Fading

• Smiling always with a never fading serenity of countenance, and flourishing in an immortal youth.
    -- Isaac Barrow

#Smile #Serenity #Fading

• Geoffrey Hill may be the strongest and most original English poet of the second half of our fading century, although his work is by no means either easy or very popular. Dense, intricate, exceedingly compact, his poetry has always had great visionary force.
    -- John Hollander

#Mean #Visionaries #Fading

• O fairest flower! no sooner blown but blasted, Soft silken primrose fading timelessly.
    -- John Milton

#Flower #Fading

• Although my memory's fading, I remember two things very clearly: I am a great sinner and Christ is a great Savior.
    -- John Newton

#Memories #Two #Fading

• But from what I can see all around me today, that America is fading fast, if it's not already gone.
    -- John Ratzenberger

#America #Gone #Fading

• When things become too popular they are always fading away for something else.
    -- Karl Lagerfeld

#Fading Away #Fading

• Memories, even your most precious ones, fade surprisingly quickly. But I don’t go along with that. The memories I value most, I don’t ever see them fading.
    -- Kazuo Ishiguro

#Memories #Fading #Values

• I like people-watching and fading into crowds.
    -- Kristen Johnston

#People #Fading #Crowds

• It didn't make me glow. I felt more like I was fading away, like the world had forgotten me.
    -- Lucy Christopher

#Fading Away #Fading #World

• On the Continent and elsewhere in the West, native populations are aging and fading and being supplanted remorselessly by a young Muslim demographic.
    -- Mark Steyn

#Fading #West #Population

• The words that bore the deathless verse of Homer from bard to a group of fascinated hearers, and with whose fading sounds the poems passed beyond recall, are fixed on the printed page in a hundred tongues. They carry to a million eyes what once could reach but a hundred ears.
    -- Nicholas Murray Butler

#Eye #Fading #Ears

• We must build our faith not on fading lights but on the Light that never fails.
    -- Oswald Chambers

#Light #Fading #Failing

• I have short-term memory loss. I know that some of the memories of the Super Bowl championships are fading.
    -- Pat Bowlen

#Memories #Loss #Fading

• New words are always being born and old ones fading away.
    -- Patience Strong

#Fading #Fading Away #Born

• Fruits ... like having their portrait painted. They seem to sit there and ask your forgiveness for fading. Their thought is given off with their perfumes. They come with all their scents, they speak of the fields they have left, the rain which has nourished them, the daybreaks they have seen.
    -- Paul Cezanne

#Rain #Fading #Scent

• Her grandmother, as she gets older, is not fading but rather becoming more concentrated.
    -- Paulette Alden

#Grandmother #Grandparent #Fading

• I saw that my image was changing or fading. One of the reasons for taking a break from clubs was to be missed-not forgotten.
    -- Sammy Davis, Jr.

#Taking A Break #Fading #Clubs

• For it is humanly certain that most of us remember very little of what we have read. To open almost any book a second time is to be reminded that we had forgotten well-nigh everything that the writer told us. Parting from the narrator and his narrative, we retain only a fading impression; and he, as it were, takes the book away from us and tucks it under his arm.
    -- Siegfried Sassoon

#Book #Fading #Arms

• Many ALS patients end up fading away quietly and dying. For me, this was not OK. I did not want to fade away quietly.
    -- Steve Gleason

#Dying #Fading #Want

• You realize who you're in love with is fading fast. You don't know what to do, but in that period time moves so slowly.
    -- Taylor Swift

#Moving #Fading #Realizing

• My star was kind of fading towards the end of the '60s and suddenly I got this call from Fellini, who just appeared to kind of love me!
    -- Terence Stamp

#Stars #Fading #Kind

• I'd be a butterfly; living a rover, Dying when fair things are fading away.
    -- Thomas Haynes Bayly

#Butterfly #Dying #Fading

• Surely 't is better, when summer is over To die when all fair things are fading away.
    -- Thomas Haynes Bayly

#Summer #Fading #Fading Away

• Our heroes of the former days deserved and gained their never-fading bays.
    -- Wentworth Dillon, 4th Earl of Roscommon

#Hero #Fading #Former

• A well-read writer, with good taste, is one who has the command of the wit of other men; he searches where knowledge is to be found; and though he may not himself excel in invention, his ingenuity may compose one of those agreeable books, the deliciæ of literature, that will out-last the fading meteors of his day.
    -- Isaac D'Israeli

#Book #Men #Fading