Frost quotes

• Ice burns, and it is hard to the warm-skinned to distinguish one sensation, fire, from the other, frost.
    -- A. S. Byatt

#Fire #Ice #Frost

• We can no longer let the threat of an early frost send a chill of fear throughout a large portion of our workforce. Diversification is the only answer.
    -- Alan Autry

#Frost #Answers #No Fear

• Behold the groves that shine with silver frost, their beauty withered, and their verdure lost!
    -- Alexander Pope

#Winter #Shining #Frost

• Blake has always been a favorite, the lyrics, not so much the prophetic books, but I suppose Yeats influenced me more as a young poet, and the American, Robert Frost.
    -- Anne Stevenson

#Book #Frost #Yeats

• The goose we retained until this morning, when there were signs that, in spite of the slight frost, it would be well that it should be eaten without delay. Its finder has carried it off therefore to fulfil the ultimate destiny of a goose.
    -- Arthur Conan Doyle

#Morning #Destiny #Frost

• Now the wintertime is coming The windows are filled with frost I went to tell everybody But I could not get across Well, I wanna be your lover, baby I don't wanna be your boss Don't say I never warned you When your train gets lost.
    -- Bob Dylan

#Baby #Boss #Frost

• Remember the goodness of God in the frost of adversity.
    -- Charles Spurgeon

#Adversity #Frost #Remember

• When everything that ticked has stopped, and space stares, all around, or grisly frosts, first autumn morns, repeal the beating ground.
    -- Emily Dickinson

#Autumn #Space #Frost

• Victory comes late-- And is held low to freezing lips-- Too rapt with frost To take it
    -- Emily Dickinson

#Victory #Frost #Lips

• I had A Lover's Quarrel With The World Robert Lee Frost (Old Bennington Cemetery, Bennington, Vermont) Our Darling Eva We Love You.
    -- Eva Gabor

#Tombstone #Love You #Frost

• Be very vigilant over thy child in the April of his understanding, lest the frost of May nip his blossoms. While he is a tender twig, straighten him; whilst he is a new vessel, season him; such as thou makest him, such commonly shall thou find him. Let his first lesson be obedience and his second shall be what thou wilt.
    -- Francis Quarles

#Children #Understanding #Frost

• When Robert Frost was alive, I was known as the other new England poet, which is to be barely known at all.
    -- Howard Nemerov

#Frost #Icy #Alive

• Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    -- J. R. R. Tolkien

#Strength #Roots #Frost

• I don't know how to tell it--but ef such a thing could be As the angels wantin' boardin', and they'd call around on me-- I'd want to 'ccommodate 'em--all the whole-in-durin' flock-- When the frost is on the punkin and the fodder's in the shock.
    -- James Whitcomb Riley

#Angel #Frost #Ems

• Interesting is when one can produce a picture that is pretty, but with undercurrents. The metaphor that comes to mind is in the poems of Robert Frost.
    -- Jamie Wyeth

#Interesting #Mind #Frost

• Ever a glutton, at another's cost, But in whose kitchen dwells perpetual frost.
    -- John Dryden

#Kitchen #Frost #Cost

• On a lone winter evening, when the frost Has wrought a silence.
    -- John Keats

#Winter #Silence #Frost

• Whether zeal or moderation be the point we aim at, let us keep the fire out of the one, and the frost out of the other.
    -- Joseph Addison

#Attitude #Fire #Frost

• Maybe if I completely shaved my head and get the frost out of my moustache, maybe I could get one of those serious acting jobs.
    -- Laila Ali

#Jobs #Acting #Frost

• Of all the poetry written in our generation, Frost's is most likely to stand the test of time
    -- Lewis Gannett

#Our Generation #Frost #Generations

• In the days of the frost seek an minor sun.
    -- Loren Eiseley

#Frost #Sun #Minors

• Remember that frost comes latest to those that bloom the highest.
    -- Louisa May Alcott

#Frost #Remember

• Hope is a straw hat hanging beside a window covered with frost.
    -- Margaret George

#Frost #Hats #Window

• As frost to the bud, and blight to the blossom, even such is self-interest to friendship; for confidence cannot dwell where selfishness is porter at the gate.
    -- Martin Farquhar Tupper

#Self #Frost #Bud

• Frost is back - this is a brilliant read, I can't recommend it highly enough.
    -- Martina Cole

#Frost #Brilliant #Enough

• The people always know that some of the grain will be good, some of the crop will be saved, some will return and bear the strength of the kernel, that from the bloodiest year some survive to outfox the frost.
    -- Meridel Le Sueur

#Years #People #Frost

• The first thing that strikes you about Timothy Murphys verse is the palpable texture of his line - that sound of sense practised by that other American poet-farmer, Robert Frost. And just as Murphys ear is trained on the rhythms of local speech and classical epigram, his eye holds fast on the image. This is an undeluded vision, sometimes bleak, often funny, and never less than painstakingly crafted.
    -- Michael Donaghy

#Eye #Vision #Frost

• Frost isn't exactly despised but not enough people have worked out what a brilliant poet he was
    -- Paul Muldoon

#People #Frost #Brilliant

• One will never again look at a birch tree, after the Robert Frost poem, in exactly the same way.
    -- Paul Muldoon

#Tree #Way #Frost

• I love snow, snow, and all the forms of radiant frost.
    -- Percy Bysshe Shelley

#Snow #Frost #Form

• I wander forth this chill December dawn: John Frost and all his elves are out, I see, As busy as the elfin world can be, Clothing a world asleep with fleecy lawn.
    -- Robert Williams Buchanan

#Frost #World #Dawn

• First frost meant letting go, so it was always reason to celebrate.
    -- Sarah Addison Allen

#Letting Go #Firsts #Frost

• It's lovely. If only you could frost someone to death.
    -- Suzanne Collins

#Lovely #Frost

• Frost is the greatest artist in our clime - he paints in nature and describes in rime.
    -- Thomas Hood

#Artist #Frost #Paint

• As frost, raised to its utmost intensity, produces the sensation of fire, so any good quality, overwrought and pushed to excess, turns into its own contrary.
    -- William Matthews

#Fire #Quality #Frost

• The third day comes a frost, a killing frost.
    -- William Shakespeare

#Frost #Killing #Thirds

• Titian and Rembrandt, Monet and Rodin, Frank Lloyd Wright and Le Corbusier, Mark Twain and Henry James, Robert Frost and Elizabeth Bishop, to name a few. Twain wrote 'Tom Sawyer' at 41 and bettered it with 'Huckleberry Finn' at 50; Wright completed Fallingwater at 72 and worked on the Guggenheim Museum until his death at 91.
    -- David Galenson

#Museums #Names #Frost