Skin Color quotes

• Can anything good come of a backward way of thinking like judging someone based on skin color? No way.
    -- Adam McKay

#Thinking #Skin Color #Judging

• And when you tell me that somebody's skin color or gender is going to determine their prospects in this world, that is turning the clock back hundreds of years. Back to a time before this nation declared that all men are created equal and endowed by their creator; not by their ancestry, not by their skin color, not by their gender, not by Congress, not by the Constitution, and not by the laws
    -- Alan Keyes

#Men #Skin Color #Years

• Many people who voted for Mr. Obama in the last election did so based on skin color.
    -- Alveda King

#Skin Color #People #Skins

• I come from an interracial family: My father is from Nigeria, and so he is African-American, and my mother is American and white, so I rarely see skin color. It's never an issue for me.
    -- Annie Ilonzeh

#Mother #Father #Skin Color

• I used to be homophobic, but as I got older, I realized that wasn't the way to do things. I don't discriminate against anybody for their sexual preference, for their skin color... that's immature.
    -- ASAP Rocky

#Skin Color #Immature #Skins

• Before Obama, people barely noticed skin color; that goes back 150 years. Blacks were happy and grateful for what we were given.
    -- Benjamin Carson

#Grateful #Skin Color #Years

• Not evil. Moronic, which isn't quite the same thing. Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron or a lout, however, doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ***** up ... anyone he perceives to be different from himself, be it because of skin color, creed, language, nationality, or ... leisure habits. What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer borderline pigheads.
    -- Carlos Ruiz Zafon

#Thinking #Animal #Skin Color

• Kinship doesn't come from skin color. It's in your soul and your mind.
    -- Dave Brubeck

#Music #Skin Color #Soul

• What I learned about them, I liked. But it also seemed that the liberal line was not entirely correct, for it was obvious that racial differences went far beyond skin color. It would be difficult to categorize all the distinctions I noticed. In fact, I made no effort to catalogue them at the time, but their differences ranged all the way from physical characteristics to more subtle differences such as extreme aversion for work in cold weather. On cold days, when I felt invigorated, my black co-workers seemed lethargic.
    -- David Duke

#Skin Color #Weather #Ku Klux Klan

• That stupid people are more violent is a fact independent of skin color.
    -- Eric S. Raymond

#Stupid #Independent #Skin Color

• As we continued to talk, going through the motions of getting to know each other, I realized that we already did know each other, as well as any two people could. We’d known each other for years, in the most intimate way possible. We’d connected on a purely mental level. I understood her, trusted her, and loved her as a dear friend. None of that had changed, or could be changed by anything as inconsequential as her gender, or skin color, or sexual orientation.
    -- Ernest Cline

#Skin Color #Years #Two

• I'm looking forward to the day when America will mature to the point that we are a color-blind society. I'm not so sure that in politics that will ever be reality, because politics has a way of separating us based on skin color.
    -- J. C. Watts

#Reality #America #Skin Color

• Race and sexual preferences are two different things. One is a behavior-related and preference-related and one is something inherently - skin color, something obvious, that kind of stuff.
    -- James Lankford

#Race #Skin Color #Two

• People hide behind the word aesthetic. They say, ‘Well, it’s just that designer’s aesthetic.’ But when you see 18 seasons in a row and not one single model outside a certain skin color…? There are people in the industry who are advocates, who support diversity.  And there are people who do not.  I don’t get it.  Beauty is universal. These doors have to open,
    -- Joan Smalls

#Skin Color #Doors #People

• I don't think because I hang out with enough black people, I'm gonna turn black. What kind of rationalization is that? I'm just friends with people that I like. I don't care what skin color you are.
    -- Khloe Kardashian

#Thinking #Skin Color #People

• I just can't conceive of how a person could hate another because of skin color. I love every race on the planet earth.
    -- Michael Jackson

#Hate #Skin Color #Race

• As an African-American male born with a couple of strikes against you because of your skin color, I think it's very, very important to have some positive role models around, especially male influences.
    -- Omari Hardwick

#Couple #Thinking #Skin Color

• I have never figured out how women work but I do know that their skin color has no significance. Black or white, every last one is pretty pink on the inside and they are all impossible.
    -- Peter Matthiessen

#Skin Color #White #Black

• Sure, being good at your job is really important, but in acting, so much of the decision's already made the minute you walk in the room because they're like, 'His hair's good or she's got the right skin color' or whatever. It's so random, but it's so physically oriented.
    -- Rashida Jones

#Jobs #Hair #Skin Color

• It makes me furious to hear haters of all skin colors - especially Christian, Jewish, and Muslim fundamentalists - deride other people because of their different beliefs and lifestyles.
    -- Rita Dove

#Christian #Skin Color #People

• Whatever you proclaim as your identity here in the material realm is also your drag. You are not your religion. You are not your skin color. You are not your gender, your politics, your career, or your marital status. You are none of the superficial things that this world deems important. The real you is the energy force that created the entire universe!
    -- RuPaul

#Real #Skin Color #Careers

• Take that one thing you don't like about yourself and more often than not that's the one thing that makes you more special. Whether it's that gap in your teeth, or that mole you never liked, or your skin color.
    -- Shay Mitchell

#Skin Color #Special #Skins

• We can't think of changing our skin color. Change the world - that's how we gotta think.
    -- Sue Monk Kidd

#Thinking #Skin Color #Skins

• Feminists do the best Photoshop because they leave the meat on your bones. They don’t change your size or your skin color. They leave in your disgusting knuckles, but they may take out some armpit stubble. Not because they’re denying its existence, but because they understand that it’s okay to make a photo look as if you were caught on your best day in the best light.
    -- Tina Fey

#Light #Skin Color #Feminist

• The two most important forms of diversity when it comes to innovation are visible diversity (typically skin color, age, gender, etc.) and underrepresentation (anytime someone is less than 15% of the majority group). Other forms of diversity are also relevant but these are the ones that psychologically play the most role in how someone engages with the innovative process.
    -- David Livermore

#Skin Color #Play #Two

• A lot of the exercise of embracing identity as a political affirmation is not just simply parked in the question of skin color or culture, but more it is a political affirmation with all these implications and more.
    -- Bocafloja

#Exercise #Skin Color #Political

• I don't care about skin the color, everybody is a human being. Beneath every skin color, you bleed red. That's just the bottom line of the truth.
    -- Angelique Kidjo

#Skin Color #Skins #Care

• You cannot be defined by your skin color, where you come from. The world is yours, embrace it.
    -- Angelique Kidjo

#Skin Color #Skins #World

• All these people who think they deserve free health care, or a job, or a plasma screen TV, simply because they radiate heat at 98.6 degrees, or because they were born in a certain place, or because they have a certain skin color - it's all bunk. There's no such thing as a 'just' wage. There's only what you earn.
    -- Doug Casey

#Jobs #Thinking #Skin Color