Hong Kong quotes

• I am classified as an idol in Hong Kong and in Asia.
    -- Andy Lau

#Idols #Asia #Hong Kong

• There are many kinds of movies in Hong Kong. Some are commercial and others are more artistic.
    -- Andy Lau

#Hong Kong #Artistic #Kind

• When you're shooting that fast end to end, you wake up in a hotel and you don't know where you are. You're dreaming of Singapore, you wake up in Hong Kong. Or you just lose track. [It's] one of the reasons I'm staying in hotels that I know I've stayed in before, and they don't look like other hotels.
    -- Anthony Bourdain

#Dream #Track #Hong Kong

• You have an impeccable argument if you said that Singapore, Hong Kong, and Tokyo are food capitals. They have a maximum amount of great stuff to eat in the smallest areas.
    -- Anthony Bourdain

#Stuff #Hong Kong #Tokyo

• English is my second language, but in Hong Kong, they don't know that I'm from China. They think I'm from Hollywood because all the films they see are from here. China and Hong Kong are very different places, but they're starting to merge. Still the culture is very different.
    -- Bai Ling

#Thinking #Hong Kong #Hollywood

• Hong Kong is the supermarket of Asia.
    -- Eleanor Coppola

#Asia #Hong Kong #Supermarkets

• If you're too free, you're like the way Hong Kong is now. It's very chaotic.
    -- Jackie Chan

#Way #Hong Kong #Chaotic

• Increasingly, the real estate developers can't get bank loans for their project financing in China. They're now going into the Hong Kong market to raise money in the bond market at very, very high rates, as high as 15, 20 percent.
    -- James Chanos

#Real #Hong Kong #Loan

• I can watch CNN on television or the Internet to find out what happened in Hong Kong ten minutes ago. After all, it doesn't matter where something is made, we're all part of the same big family now.
    -- Jet Li

#Cnn #Matter #Hong Kong

• Hong Kong film audiences are very quiet. It's their culture.
    -- Jet Li

#Culture #Hong Kong #Quiet

• When I lived in Hong Kong, I felt that Hong Kong is my family.
    -- Jet Li

#Hong Kong #My Family

• I remember when I was 11, I did some Kung-fu demonstrations in Hong Kong in 1974.
    -- Jet Li

#Hong Kong #Remember #Kung Fu

• 'Hard Boiled' is my last film in Hong Kong, before I moved to the U.S. It is the one film which is most accepted by the audience in the West.
    -- John Woo

#Lasts #West #Hong Kong

• At thirteen, when I arrived in Hong Kong after leaving China, I made a living by working in a restaurant.
    -- Martin Yan

#Leaving #Hong Kong #Made

• The problem with a lot of Chinese is that they put up divisions between Taiwanese, Hong Kong natives, mainlanders. We are never united. I really hope that the Chinese can be more united.
    -- Martin Yan

#Chinese #Division #Hong Kong

• Hong Kong has created one of the most successful societies on Earth.
    -- Prince Charles

#Successful #Hong Kong #Earth

• Ten years before Matrix, ten years before Crouching Tiger - I wanted to do a Hong Kong action movie.
    -- Robert Mark Kamen

#Years #Hong Kong #Action

• The britishh seizure of Hong Kong was an aspect of one of the most ugly crimes of the britishh Empire: the takeover and destruction of India, and the use of India to flood China with opium.
    -- Robert Trout

#Ugly #Empires #Hong Kong

• Failure to deliver a deal in Hong Kong is just not acceptable, ... There must be an intensification of the efforts.
    -- Trevor Manuel

#Effort #Hong Kong #Deals

• Travel is the most private of pleasures. There is no greater bore than the travel bore. We do not in the least want to hear what he has seen in Hong-Kong.
    -- Vita Sackville-West

#Travel #Want #Hong Kong

• No legislative, administrative or judicial activity in the Hong Kong SAR is allowed to contradict the Basic Law, let alone to go against the Basic Law.
    -- Wu Bangguo

#Law #Hong Kong #Contradiction

• Most Americans have a sense of what the blues is. But in Hong Kong, they have no sense of the blues.
    -- Jess Row

#Hong Kong

• Be realistic and truthful - and tell Hong Kong businessmen honestly that they should go for long-term investments since it is unlikely money can be made in the short haul.
    -- Zhu Rongji

#Long #Hong Kong #Honest

• My films are never about what Hong Kong is like, or anything approaching a realistic portrait, but what I think about Hong Kong and what I want it to be.
    -- Wong Kar-wai

#Thinking #Want #Hong Kong

• People are very surprised when they come to Hong Kong after seeing my films, because my version of it is quite different than Hong Kong in reality.
    -- Wong Kar-wai

#Reality #People #Hong Kong