Video Cameras quotes

• If you ever see me getting beaten by the police, put down the video camera and come help me.
    -- Bobcat Goldthwait

#Funny #Police #Video Cameras

• Look, I really do not care about you. What I care about is the worlds that you bear witness to. You are nothing more than a dog with a video camera strapped on its back. As you walk the streets looking for a place to mate or piss or eat, the camera is on and we will see the world because of you... You carry the camera and we enjoy the world. (On images as autobiography)
    -- Michael Lesy

#Dog #Video Cameras #World

• The... promptitude with which many painters, on arriving at an entirely new and unfamiliar place, settle down to work at once, never fails to astonish me: it seems indecent, like button-holing a complete stranger.

• If something must be true for us, as humans, to exist, than it is true simply because we exist.

• Working-class families in the north of England used to hear the 1611 Bible regularly at church and at home ... for us, the language didn't seem too difficult. I especially liked 'the quick and the dead' - you really get a feel for the difference if you live in a house with mice and a mousetrap.

• If my husband cheated on me and embarrassed me like that, I will embarrass him more than he could ever imagine.

• It was a fine cancer experience, as cancer experiences go.

• Vigor is contagious, and whatever makes us either think or feel strongly adds to our power and enlarges our field of action.

• You just never know when movies are going to take off or not. The lucky thing about this was that it didn't cost a lot of money, and therefore there wasn't loads of pressure on me.

• The first one that I went to with my friends was with my buddy Michael - and we actually cut class to get tickets - was INXS at the Garden.

• An increasing number of Canadians must juggle the demands of work with the need to care for children, or for family members who are ill or too frail to care for themselves. Our programs have simply not kept pace with these societal changes.

• The mere formulation of a problem is far more essential than its solution, which may be merely a matter of mathematical or experimental skills. To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle requires creative imagination and marks real advances in science.