Sardines quotes

• Life is like a box of sardines and we are all looking for the key.
    -- Alan Bennett

#Life #Keys #Sardines

• Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster.
    -- Ferran Adria

#Food #Lobster #Sardines

• I had the lunchbox that cleared the cafeteria. I was very unpopular in the early grades. Because I hung out with my grandfather, I started to bring my lunchbox with sardine sandwiches and calamari that I would eat off my fingers like rings. I was also always reeking of garlic.
    -- Rachael Ray

#Grandfather #Sandwiches #Sardines

• The sardines had their heads on and they were like watching you.
    -- Sarah

#Sardines

• A patient healthy enough to undergo a kidney transplant might someday no longer need dialysis. That would free up a slot for a new patient.

• It's such a contentious thing to get people in a room and just say, "go!"

• A man who couldn't make things go right could at least go. He could quit trying to get out of the way of life. Chuck routine. Live the real jeopardy of circumstance. It was a question of dignity.

• Manchester United have, since 1991, conquered Europe about as successfully as Head and Shoulders has conquered dandruff

• You want a friend in Washington? Get a dog.

• You have no idea, especially in green screen, what movie you're doing. You really don't. And then, you see the movie and you're like, "Oh, my god, I'm on a cliff right now! I'm having sex right now! I thought I was dancing."

• More energy is encapsulated in every drop of good spring water than an average-sized PowerStation is presently able to produce.

• I never knew there were this many stars." "I can't see them," he told me. "I just see you." "That's one of your cheesier lines," I told him. "It's the altitude," he told me. "I don't have enough oxygen in my brain." "I see.

• To hit bottom is to fall from grace.

• I was spending a lot of time in Mumbai after I met my husband, who is Indian, and while parts of the city were prospering like crazy, I couldn't quite make out how the new wealth had changed the prospects of the majority of city residents who lived in slums. So after a few years I stopped wondering and started reporting.