Florence quotes

• Paul Newman's half Jewishand Florence Henderson's half, tooPut them together,What a fine looking Jew!
    -- Adam Sandler

#Together #Florence #Half

• I often compare Margaret Thatcher with Florence Nightingale. She stalks through the wards of our hospitals as a lady with a lamp. Unfortunately, it's a blowlamp.
    -- Denis Healey

#Florence #Lamps #Stalking

• I studied at a university in Florence and finished my degree. My mother was very strict about this recipe: You need to get your degree.
    -- Donatella Versace

#Mother #Florence #Degrees

• As her time in Florence drew to a close she was only at ease amongst those to whom she felt indifferent.
    -- E. M. Forster

#Travel #Florence #Ease

• Hamilton dabbed a tissue at the cut under his eye. "Except for the time I met the Great Khali, that was the coolest thing I've ever done!" The foursome, only slightly the worse for wear, stood on the tarmac of the small airfield outside Milan, transferring their luggage from the limo to Jonah's jet for the flight back to Florence. "You didn't do anything, yo," Jonah seethed. "It was done to all of us by the freak show with the nerve to complain that the family branches are too violent!
    -- Gordon Korman

#Eye #Cutting #Florence

• Everything about Florence seems to be colored with a mild violet, like diluted wine.
    -- Henry James

#Wine #Florence #Violet

• A really interesting and happy time was when I first went to Florence as a student and studied Italian. I was living in a pensione on an allowance of £40 a month, which was princely. I did a lot of work and enjoyed myself immensely.
    -- James Fenton

#Italian #Interesting #Florence

• Florence - the city of tranquillity made manifest ...
    -- Katherine Cecil Thurston

#Cities #Florence #Made

• Florence and art is something that is part of my life and is part of myself.
    -- Roberto Cavalli

#Art #Florence #Art Is

• You have the most revolting Florence Nightingale complex,' said Mrs. Smiling. It is not that at all, and well you know it. On the whole, I dislike my fellow beings; I find them so difficult to understand. But I have a tidy mind and untidy lives irritate me. Also, they are uncivilized.
    -- Stella Gibbons

#Mind #Florence #Said

• Florence Farr once said to me, If we could say to ourselves, with sincerity, 'this passing moment is as good as any I shall ever know,' we could die upon the instant and be united with God.
    -- William Butler Yeats

#Florence #Moments #Sincerity

• I thought I'd never get to see that. Florence Griffith Joyner -- every time she ran, I ran.
    -- Wilma Rudolph

#Florence #Ran

• In Florence, classical buildings sit against medieval buildings. It's that contrast we like.
    -- Richard Rogers

#Florence #Medieval #Building