Zines quotes

• Wrestling is pretty DIY. I've been doing it for 12 years, completely on my own. It's like being in a band or running a zine - except that I get to kick people in the face.
    -- CM Punk

#Running #Wrestling #Zines

• The danger of leaving overwhelming wealth and power in the grasp of a small minority is a lesson that leaders such as ousted Tunisian president Zine el-Abidine Ben Ali and deposed Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak have learned a little too late, as the demonstrations across the Arab world indicate.
    -- Graydon Carter

#Zines #Leader #Leaving

• I like to go through the zine sections of local bookstores when on the road and have found a lot of really great kind of underground stuff that way. It all feeds into everything else.
    -- Jeff VanderMeer

#Zines #Bookstores #Stuff

• If all else fails, there's always print or web zines.
    -- Rudy Rucker

#Zines #Failing #Print

• I loved to write; in my late teens I had a 'zine. But it wasn't until I went back to school, later on in my 20s, that I actually saw that I had writing talent.
    -- Sonja Sohn

#School #Writing #Zines

• Part of my impetus to get famous is to have access to printed matter. I love all the stuff like postcards, books, little things. I can make my own zines, but it just helps if you've got somebody behind you publishing things.
    -- Jack Pierson

#Book #Zines #Littles

• The Canon AE1 - a fully manual camera. [My mother] had a 50mm, which is a standard lens, and then I got a 28mm. Then I started a little punk magazine, a zine, when I was 14 or 15 years old. I was shooting my friends skateboarding and it was the beginning of the Macintosh. We wouldn't do layouts on the computer; we would pick the font and then type up a paragraph and then print it out and cut it up and put it in a little mock-up and Xerox it.
    -- Jeff Vespa

#Mother #Cutting #Zines

• I was really inspired by seeing self published zines and mini-comics: seeing someone else make work that was either really personal, or was just done entirely themselves. It really showed me what was possible for my own art, and I hope that my books will inspire readers in the same way.
    -- Liz Prince

#Art #Book #Zines

• I exist in the zine/small press community, which has always felt more even keel to me, when it comes to creators of varied gender backgrounds. But I also think that there is something to be said about the fact that even though I am female, I present closer to male in my way of dress and attitude/confidence/outspokeness, so I am treated differently by my male counterparts in a positive way.
    -- Liz Prince

#Attitude #Thinking #Zines

• I never thought I'd end up as a computer freak, but that's how the cookie crumbles. I do spend a lot of my time on the Internet, and often check out the different E-zines on the web, especially if something Iron Savior related is going down.
    -- Yenz Leonhardt

#Zines #Iron #Different

• I get nervous about the effect that the high speed of everything will have on creativity. It's already sad for me to see that a lot of young aspiring cartoonists are putting stuff on the web, doing animation on the computer rather than making zines or mini-comics, which seem to be going the way of the dinosaur.
    -- Adrian Tomine

#Creativity #Zines #Dinosaurs

• I can write anything and just put it in a zine, and then it's out there. It is like blogging but on paper. It is what I started to do before the computers were all popular.
    -- Mark Gonzales

#Writing #Zines #Paper

• The questions people have are sometimes soulful, sometimes zany, sometimes incoherent. I want to make a 'zine with just the questions I get emailed to me.
    -- Davy Rothbart

#Zines #People #Want