Human Rights quotes

• Quote words that affirm all men and women are your brothers and sisters.
    -- Aberjhani

#Brother #Men #Human Rights

• I recognize no rights but human rights.
    -- Angelina Grimke

#Rights #Human Rights #Humans

• Human rights are praised more than ever - and violated as much as ever.
    -- Anna Lindh

#Rights #Human Rights #Humans

• When an individual is protesting society's refusal to acknowledge his dignity as a human being, his very act of protest confers dignity on him.
    -- Bayard Rustin

#Society #Dignity #Human Rights

• The best way to be more free is to grant more freedom to others.
    -- Carlo Dossi

#Way #Human Rights #Grants

• The most fitting monuments this nation can build are schoolhouses and homes for those who do the work of the world. It is no answer to say that they are accustomed to rags and hunger. In this world of plenty every human being has a right to food, clothes, decent shelter, and the rudiments of education.
    -- Elizabeth Cady Stanton

#Home #World #Human Rights

• No attempt must be made to encase man, for it is his destiny to be set free.
    -- Frantz Fanon

#Destiny #Men #Human Rights

• To no human charter am I indebted for my rights.
    -- Gerrit Smith

#Rights #Human Rights #Charter

• If the prisoner is beaten, it is an arrogant expression of fear.
    -- Ghassan Kanafani

#Expression #Arrogant #Human Rights

• Democracy is not just constitutional and legislative rules; it is a culture and practice and adhering by the law and respecting international human rights principles.
    -- Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa

#Democracy #Culture #Human Rights

• There can be no peace without justice and respect for human rights.
    -- Irene Khan

#Rights #Justice #Human Rights

• It is my aspiration that health finally will be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for.
    -- Kofi Annan

#Blessing #Human Rights #Aspiration

• Victims should come first.
    -- Maria Julia Hernandez

#Firsts #Human Rights #Victim

• Without peace, there is little hope for human rights
    -- Martin Ennals

#Rights #Littles #Human Rights

• If Rosa Parks had taken a poll before she sat down in the bus in Montgomery, she'd still be standing.
    -- Mary Frances Berry

#Taken #Parks #Human Rights

• the Saudis have never shown any respect for human rights, either now or in the past. Even a petty burglar faces having one of his hands chopped off. The liberal press in America prefers to ignore all this, although they don't hesitate to blacken the reputation of Iran.
    -- Mohammed Reza Pahlavi

#Past #Reputation #Human Rights

• I'm pretty political when it comes to human rights and things like that.
    -- Peter Krause

#Rights #Political #Human Rights

• There is no humiliation more abusive than hunger.
    -- Pranab Mukherjee

#Human Rights #Hunger #Humiliation

• Happy is the house that shelters a friend.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

#House #Shelter #Human Rights

• We cannot discuss human rights, when we are denying people the right to live.
    -- Ravi Zacharias

#Rights #People #Human Rights

• Tolerance and human rights require each other.
    -- Simon Wiesenthal

#Rights #Tolerance #Human Rights

• Peace, development and human rights are essentially inter-related, inter-dependent and indivisible.
    -- Theo van Boven

#Rights #Development #Human Rights

• Every human being, of whatever origin, of whatever station, deserves respect. We must each respect others even as we respect ourselves.
    -- U Thant

#Respect #Human Rights #Humans

• I have always claimed Americans didn't want a drink as bad as they wanted the right to take a drink if they did happen to want one.
    -- Will Rogers

#Want #Human Rights #Drink

• Genuine leadership is inherently moral. So the values chosen matter tremendously, and they must be values aligned with society (including the most universal statement of human values in history, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, as well as clear values of sustainability evidenced in global declarations like the Stockholm and Rio Declarations.
    -- Chip Pitts

#Moral #Human Rights #Sustainability

• Gorsuch, who is a U.S. Supreme Court nominee in the United States, said the real test of law is when a government can lose in its own courts and still respect the order. And I think Canadian need to ask is why would Canada, if it's doing everything right, why wouldn't you want to be watched? If they are contesting the fact that their own courts don't have jurisdiction over the government's human rights violations, then our next step is to go to federal court and find the federal government that can come to court and we will do that.
    -- Cindy Blackstock

#Real #Thinking #Human Rights

• It is all of our jobs to make sure that women's rights are human rights, and that they do have a place at the table, and we all push toward equality. The leadership numbers for women in business really haven't changed since I began as CEO. There are only 21 female CEOs at Fortune 500 companies, there is only 17 to 19 percent of female representatives in Congress, there are only eight female governors.
    -- Julie Smolyansky

#Female #Human Rights #Ceo

• It is very deplorable that North Korea still does not uphold human rights, which are universal values.
    -- Moon Jae-in

#Human Rights #North Korea #Values

• Humanitarian assistance and exchanges are still allowed, even under the sanctions regime on North Korea. Therefore, in parallel with sanctions and pressure, we must also employ humanitarian assistance. The meeting of separated families is also a measure to ensure human rights.
    -- Moon Jae-in

#Human Rights #Humanitarian #North Korea

• The reason why the war ended in Bosnia was not because of amnesty but because a combined Croat-Bosnian offensive defeated the Serbs on the battlefield. Sometimes naïveté belongs not to the human rights activists but to the politicians.
    -- Payam Akhavan

#War #Human Rights #Sometimes

• The U.S. has represented throughout its history a commitment to human rights and the law - shining a light on what happened at Abu Ghraib exposes our departure from this long-term commitment. It does not, however, excuse the atrocities carried about by Saddam Hussein and others.
    -- Rory Kennedy

#Commitment #Shining #Human Rights

• The Muslim Arbitration Tribunal, if you look at its website, it basically deals with commercial disputes, it's not allowed to deal with matters involving children, it's not allowed to deal with criminal matters, it's subject to judicial review, it's subject to the Human Rights Act, it's subject to the Children's Act, and it's completely proper and right that it should be subject to all those things.
    -- Sadakat Kadri

#Children #Human Rights #Website

• There's a feminist critique of Muslim Arbitration Tribunals, which I'm certainly not unsympathetic to, because as I keep saying, I come from a human rights context. But there's a feminist critique of Muslim Arbitration Tribunals specifically, which says women are going to have their rights eroded by virtue of the fact of these courts are going to negotiate settlements and negotiate the dropping of criminal charges against men. There's not been any evidence of that taking place.
    -- Sadakat Kadri

#Men #Feminist #Human Rights

• The first thing to say is that the ordinary criminal law in this country, the Human Rights Act, the Children's Act, all of the laws of the country take precedence, but what I'm also saying is that within the context of a secular country, which Britain now kind of is, or at least a country which purports to be relatively equal between religions, there should be some scope for allowing faith communities to govern themselves - subject to it being consensual and subject to everyone's human rights being observed.
    -- Sadakat Kadri

#Country #Community #Human Rights

• I think the issue that concerns us is certainly regaining stability, but issues of human rights are an integral part of our reform policies, of our new constitution.
    -- Sameh Shoukry

#Thinking #Constitution #Human Rights

• I had the human rights life, and I had the family business life.
    -- Sanjay Rawal

#Rights #Human Rights #Business Life

• I have gotten the sense that developments when it comes to human rights are very alarming. In the long term, it needs to be in our interest to have a Turkey in which human rights are respected. Anything else would mean destabilization right on our border. If we look away, the developments in Turkey will constantly get worse.
    -- Sebastian Kurz

#Mean #Long #Human Rights

• We expect Germany to push more strongly for democracy and human rights in Turkey.
    -- Selahattin Demirtas

#Democracy #Human Rights

• Violence against women and girls is one of the most systematic and widespread human rights violations.
    -- Unknown

#Girl #Violence #Human Rights

• We will not keep silent, even if the Formula One is taking place. We will protest for human rights and freedom.
    -- Zainab al-Khawaja

#Human Rights #Silent #Protest

• It is imperative to use forceful measures to force the regime to respect human rights.
    -- Burhan Ghalioun

#Human Rights

• Right now, American government has stepped back from offering any kinds of protection for human rights and public health. And the fossil fuel industry thinks that they have just absolute free rein to go for it. The one thing in the way is public opposition. It's civil society. It's activism.
    -- Annie Leonard

#Thinking #Human Rights #Kind