Hicks quotes

• A hick town is one where there is no place to go where you shouldn't go.
    -- Alexander Woollcott

#Hicks #Towns

• Bill Hicks is a huge influence. I love him.
    -- Daniel Tosh

#I Love Him #Bills #Hicks

• I was initially cast as Corporal Hicks, and I was fired after a couple weeks of filming because I got busted for possession of drugs, and Michael Biehn replaced me.
    -- James Remar

#Couple #Drug #Hicks

• The reality is Hicks is facing an unfair justice system that is not tolerated anywhere else in the world, so where does that leave him
    -- Michael Mori

#Reality #Justice #Hicks

• However, what Article VI [of the U.S. Constitution] does not do, and was never intended to do, is deny me the right to say, as loudly as I may choose, that I will on no account vote for a smirking hick like Mike Huckabee, who is an unusually stupid primate but who does not have the elementary intelligence to recognize the fact that this is what he is.
    -- Mike Huckabee

#Stupid #May #Hicks

• It is difficult to lay aside a confirmed passion.

• And unlike the rest of you, he hasn’t yet time to ruin his career or his mind." "Then he won’t do. Send him home. Get us another lunatic." "Excuse me!" [hopping up to stand in his seat] "Elassar Targon, master of the universe, reporting for duty!" "I withdraw my objection.

• Sometimes you can gradually improve things. But sometimes, they don't work, and you've just got to just say: Let's grind this baby to a halt.

• The main reason for the failure of the modern medical science is that it is dealing with results and not causes. Nothing more than the patching up of those attacked and the burying of those who are slain, without a thought being given to the real strong hold.

• Being content is perhaps no less easy than playing the violin well: and requires no less practice.

• Injustice boils in men's hearts as does steel in its cauldron, ready to pour forth, white hot, in the fullness of time.

• It is disgraceful to live as a stranger in one's country, and be an alien in any matter that affects our welfare.

• The great theatre for virtue is conscience.

• When I was a crusade director in British Columbia, all of our meetings were at 9:03. Somebody said 'That's ridiculous. Why did you do that?' It's because you remember it. You've never been to another 9:03 meeting.

• Movies can't ruin books. They can only ruin movies.