Flyers quotes

• The photographer in Blow-Up, who is not a philosopher, wants to see things closer up. But it so happens that, by enlarging too far, the object itself decomposes and disappears. Hence there's a moment in which we grasp reality, but then the moment passes. This was in part the meaning of Blow-Up.

• I think you can learn to have much more pleasant thoughts moving through your mind that will help ease any situation, and it takes making a conscious choice to do so.

• Never mind a world That can't see past brutality Answers are getting the gas Live gestures Have constantly been used As weapons

• You'll live astride the line that separates life from death. You'll become experienced in the wisdom of grief. You won't wait until people die to grieve for them; you'll give them their grief while they are still alive, for then judgment falls away, and there remains only the miracle of being.

• While this debate today is a belated effort to inform the American people, it is nevertheless an empty gesture. It is time to admit our mistake in Iraq and begin to bring our troops home with honor.

• Man watches his history on the screen with apathy and an occasional passing flicker of horror or indignation.

• The fate of the worm refutes the pretended ethical teaching of the proverb, which assumes to illustrate the advantage of early rising and does so by showing how extremely dangerous it is.

• I think we're all good and bad, but good's not funny. Bad is funny. Suppress the good and let the bad out, and then you can be funny.

• Now I have finished with all earthly business, and high time too. Yes, yes, my dear child, now comes death.

• To act without clear understanding, to form habits without investigation, to follow a path all one's life without knowing where it really leads; such is the behavior of the multitude.