Sitting Down quotes

• There's a lot of music that sounds like it's literally computer-generated, totally divorced from a guy sitting down at an instrument.
    -- Aimee Mann

#Music #Guy #Sitting Down

• You write by sitting down and writing.  There's no particular time or place—you suit yourself, your nature.  How one works, assuming he's disciplined, doesn't matter.
    -- Bernard Malamud

#Writing #Sitting Down #Down And

• Oh, Lor!' said the boy, sitting down on the grassy bank at the edge of the shrubbery and very quickly getting up again because the grass was soaking wet. His name was unfortunately Eustace Scrubb but he wasn't a bad sort.
    -- C. S. Lewis

#Boys #Names #Sitting Down

• I remember sitting down with the Rockets and saying, 'Yeah. I'm going to retire.' They said, 'Well, we'll give you $9 million.' And I said, 'You got a pen on you?'
    -- Charles Barkley

#Basketball #Giving #Sitting Down

• I've never heard of anyone stumbling on something sitting down.
    -- Charles Kettering

#Commitment #Sitting Down #Stumbling

• No one ever accomplished anything great sitting down.
    -- Chris Hadfield

#Sitting Down #Sitting #Accomplished

• When you're making a film you start living with it, and I find myself sitting down and figuring out a sound or melody that would go with a film, or a particular period. It's not brain surgery, you just kind of feel it along.
    -- Clint Eastwood

#Brain #Sitting Down #Sound

• Everything I know about life I learned from the daily practice of sitting down to write.
    -- Dani Shapiro

#Writing #Practice #Sitting Down

• If you want to draw comics, you really have to love to draw, as you will be spending many hours sitting down with a pencil or pen in your hand.
    -- Dave Gibbons

#Hands #Want #Sitting Down

• Now I can stand up on the stage again like I used to after five years of sitting down while I sang.
    -- Etta James

#Years #Sitting Down #Used

• I don't worry about inspiration, or anything like that. It's a matter of just sitting down and working.
    -- Frank Herbert

#Inspiration #Worry #Sitting Down

• We don't have the capability today to put a human being in space of any kind, shape or form, which is absolutely, totally unacceptable when we got the greatest flying machine in the world sitting down at Kennedy in a garage there with nothing to do.
    -- Gene Cernan

#Space #Flying #Sitting Down

• According to Beckett's or Kafka's law, there is immobility beyond movement: beyond standing up, there is sitting down, and beyond sitting down, lying down, beyond which one finally dissipates.
    -- Gilles Deleuze

#Lying #Law #Sitting Down

• If you lived the doubles, as I did, which was very stressful, you are sitting down in a chair experiencing a match without being able to hold a racquet in your hands.
    -- Guy Forget

#Hands #Sitting Down #Able

• I have suffered, like other writers, from indolence, irresolution, distaste to my work, absence of 'inspiration,' and all that: but I have also found that sitting down, however reluctantly, with the pen in my hand, I have never worked for one quarter of an hour without finding myself in full train ...
    -- Harriet Martineau

#Inspiration #Hands #Sitting Down

• I'll just be sitting down having dinner with girlfriends or something and people come up and ruin the dinner.
    -- Holly Valance

#Girlfriend #People #Sitting Down

• I always say separate your abilities from your disabilities. You know, if I could play the violin, I don't have to play it standing up. I can play it sitting down and so on.
    -- Itzhak Perlman

#Play #Sitting Down #Down And

• I don't remember sitting down and saying, 'This is why I want to be--an actress.' I just knew. It was never a conscious decision or a revelation.
    -- Joanne Whalley

#Decision #Actresses #Sitting Down

• If I were sitting down with George Steinbrenner (to discuss a salary) and based on what Dave Winfield got for his statistics, I'd have to say, 'George, you and I are about to become partners.'
    -- Joe DiMaggio

#Sitting Down #Salary #Statistics

• I have a difficult time sitting down for long periods.
    -- Kamala Harris

#Long #Sitting Down #Difficult Times

• Dianetics is not in any way covered by legislation anywhere, for no law can prevent one man sitting down and telling another man his troubles, and if anyone wants a monopoly on dianetics, be assured that he wants it for reasons which have to do not with dianetics but with profit.
    -- L. Ron Hubbard

#Men #Law #Sitting Down

• People think modeling's mindless, that you just stand there and pose, but it doesn't have to be that way. I like to have a lot of input, I know how to wear a dress, whether it should be shot with me standing up or sitting down. And I'm not scared to say what I think.
    -- Linda Evangelista

#Thinking #People #Sitting Down

• Age is not different from earlier life as long as you're sitting down
    -- Malcolm Cowley

#Long #Age #Sitting Down

• I'm an interpreter of stories. When I perform it's like sitting down at my piano and telling fairy stories.
    -- Nat King Cole

#Piano #Stories #Sitting Down

• Madam, you ask me how I compose. I compose sitting down.
    -- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky

#Music #Sitting #Sitting Down

• You seldom, if ever, get lucky sitting down.
    -- Zig Ziglar

#Sitting #Sitting Down #Lucky

• I think I am becoming obsessive-compulsive. David Beckham apparently turns all the Diet Coke cans in his fridge to face the same way every morning, and I nerdily sharpen all the pencils in my pot before sitting down to work.
    -- Andrew O'Hagan

#Morning #Thinking #Sitting Down

• Even if you don't feel like sitting down to write or working on that big proposal, or whatever it is, just show up anyhow and the rest will follow.
    -- Ayana Mathis

#Writing #Sitting Down #Proposal

• I've never seen or heard of a mob sitting down to read a film script.
    -- Deepa Mehta

#Sitting Down #Scripts #Film

• Some of you guys are sitting down, some of you guys are standing up. But if you really take a moment and you go inside your body, you can feel your weight against the earth, and you can recognize that you're the only person who's feeling your own weight against the earth right now.
    -- Rowan Blanchard

#Guy #Feelings #Sitting Down

• I know that Oswald killed Kennedy. Now, was he pushed? Encouraged to do it by outsiders? Possibly. Possibly. Was he sitting down with Fidel Castro? No.
    -- Bill O'Reilly

#Sitting Down #Outsiders #Castro

• I don't split poles. When I'm walking with my friends by lampposts, we all walk on the same side. And I won't cross over your legs. If you're sitting down and like chilling on the floor, I won't walk over your legs because then you'll go to jail.
    -- Curren$y

#Jail #Over You #Sitting Down

• I'm just finding that when I'm sitting down and drawing the pages, it always takes me in a different direction than what I had in mind in my head.
    -- David Finch

#Drawing #Mind #Sitting Down

• It's rare in a documentary film that you have a repetitive act. So when you do, you can shoot it in different ways so that you have more choices when you're sitting down to edit that sequence six months later.
    -- Frederick Wiseman

#Choices #Sitting Down #Different

• I hope to begin a new plan... not sitting down to local matter but walking and watching.
    -- Samuel Palmer

#Sitting Down #Matter #Plans

• Producing, for me anyway, it's coming up with material. It's sitting down with you know the likes of Martin Scorsese, Johnny Depp, Michael Mann and talking about a movie and really creating something from nothing.
    -- Graham King

#Talking #Creating #Sitting Down

• Prior to [streaming], the idea of sitting down and watching a show every week seemed like a great idea.
    -- Tom Riley

#Ideas #Sitting Down #Down And

• My show is an anti-show and the audience have to want to listen. I'm sitting down, there's only one of me, I don't talk much to the audience and it is very quiet. I wouldn't be able to do that kind of show if people didn't know me and my material.
    -- Jose Gonzalez

#People #Sitting Down #Want