Fiber quotes

• The practical reason for freedom is that freedom seems to be the only condition under which any kind of substantial moral fiber can be developed we have tried law , compulsion and authoritarianism of various kinds, and the result is nothing to be proud of.
    -- Albert J. Nock

#Law #Proud #Fiber

• I really hate the people in power. I hate them with every fiber of my being. That is what drives me in almost everything I do.
    -- Alexei Navalny

#Hate #People #Fiber

• For me, exploration is about that journey to the interior, into your own heart. I'm always wondering, how will I act at my moment of truth? Will I rise up and do what's right, even if every fiber of my being is telling me otherwise?
    -- Anne Bancroft

#Heart #Journey #Fiber

• Courage is holding on one minute longer than everyone else. Courage is stepping forward when every fiber of your being says step back. Courage is being willing to do the impossible because it is the right thing to do.
    -- Blaine Lee Pardoe

#Steps #Fiber #Impossible

• The phytochemicals, antioxidants, and fiber- all of the healthful components of plant foods- originate in plants, not animals. If they are present, it is because the animal ate plants. And why should we go through an animal to get the benefits of the plants themselves? To consume unnecessary, unseemly, and unhealthy substances, such as saturated fat, animal protein, lactose, and dietary cholesterol, is to negate the benefits of the fiber, phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that are prevalent and inherent in plants.
    -- Colleen Patrick-Goudreau

#Animal #Benefits #Fiber

• Societies that eat unrefined foods produce large stools and build small hospitals; societies that eat fiber-depleted foods produce small stools and build large hospitals.
    -- Denis Parsons Burkitt

#Dark #Age #Fiber

• I was crossing the English Channel with a carbon-fiber wing on my back.
    -- Felix Baumgartner

#Wings #Fiber #Carbon

• Some people think that words can injure the psyche or the moral fiber. And they really can't.
    -- George Carlin

#Thinking #People #Fiber

• Gambling undermines the moral fiber of society.
    -- Gordon B. Hinckley

#Gambling #Fiber #Moral

• Success is having a career that you love with every fiber in your body.
    -- Jack White

#Careers #Body #Fiber

• In fiber optics, the cable is a light pipe or waveguide, into which you inject light. If a finger presses on the pipe, it disrupts that light within the waveguide.
    -- Jefferson Han

#Light #Optics #Fiber

• I can eat a man, but I'm not sure of the fiber content.
    -- Jenny Eclair

#Men #Fiber #Not Sure

• Every hidden cell is throbbing with music and life, every fiber thrilling like harp strings.
    -- John Muir

#Cells #Music And Life #Fiber

• Could words and symbols wield such power? Could mere scribblings on parchment unmake a person's moral fiber? Weren't we made of sterner stuff?
    -- Karen Marie Moning

#Stuff #Fiber #Moral

• Oh, you are the kind of man who will corrupt a woman to her very last fiber.
    -- Leopold von Sacher-Masoch

#Men #Lasts #Fiber

• Service is not something we endure on this earth so we can earn the right to live in the celestial kingdom. Service is the very fiber of which an exalted life in the celestial kingdom is made.
    -- Marion G. Romney

#Earth #Kingdoms #Fiber

• This does not come naturally. I have to work out 60 to 90 minutes at least five days a week and stick to a high- fiber, low-calorie eating plan.
    -- Molly Sims

#Work Out #Doe #Fiber

• But instinct is something which transcends knowledge. We have, undoubtedly, certain finer fibers that enable us to perceive truths when logical deduction, or any other willful effort of the brain, is futile.
    -- Nikola Tesla

#Effort #Brain #Fiber

• The labeling of nociceptors as pain fibers was not an admirable simplification, but an unfortunate trivialization under the guise of simplification.
    -- Patrick David Wall

#Pain #Fiber #Injury

• The future of our nation depends on our ability to produce food and fiber to sustain the world.
    -- Phil Bredesen

#Fiber #World #Produce

• We'd like to make it [bucky fiber] in a continuous fiber, roll it on a drum, and go fishing with it.
    -- Richard Smalley

#Fishing #Fiber #Chemistry

• It's hard to say 'No' and develop your moral fiber. That's why your school is so important.
    -- Siobhan Fallon Hogan

#School #Important #Fiber

• Did you know hemp is a natural fiber
    -- Tia Carrere

#Hemp #Fiber #Natural

• The rub is that the pursuit of happiness, as an end in itself, tends automatically, and widely, to be replaced by the pursuit of pleasure with a consequent general softening of the fibers of will, intelligence, spirit.
    -- Whittaker Chambers

#Pursuit Of Happiness #Liberty #Fiber

• The abundant life does not come to those who have had a lot of obstacles removed from their path by others. It develops from within and is rooted in strong mental and moral fiber.
    -- William Mather Lewis

#Inspirational #Strong #Fiber

• The fear that permeated every fiber of my being was relentless, it was cruel, and it was my best hope for getting through this.
    -- Hiroshi Sakurazaka

#Fiber #Relentless #Hoping For The Best

• The reason fiber helps us control our weight is that it fills the belly yet yields few calories since fiber is, for the most part, not something that we can digest.
    -- Kathy Freston

#Yield #Weight #Fiber

• I always recommend people read nutrition labels so they know, for instance, how much fiber they're getting.
    -- Travis Lane Stork

#People #Labels #Fiber

• Fiber has a beneficial effect in preventing colon cancer.
    -- David Jenkins

#Cancer #Fiber #Vegetarian