Keds quotes

• I'm not able to completely escape naturalism. It's very difficult to escape from naturalism without being too dry. That's what I try to do in my cinema - escape naturalism and do films that are, at the same time, realistic but have a lot of fantasy. It's very difficult in cinema to get away from what life is about, from real life. The way the actors work has to be realistic - you can't do Baroque acting - so it's very complicated. And, we're human beings, so we're not perfect. I'm trying to do something different.

• No man shall be compelled to frequent or support any religious worship, place, or ministry whatsoever.

• Responsibility and danger do not tend to free or stimulate the average person's mind- rather the contrary; but wherever they do liberate an individual's judgement and confidence we can be sure that we are in the presence of exceptional ability.

• Capital punishment turns the state into a murderer. But imprisonment turns the state into a gay dungeon-master.

• Suicide is what the death certificate says when one dies of depression.

• I'm going to shoot somebody," Maddie said. "Sawyer hates when people do that. It's a whole bunch of paperwork.

• People can't relate to someone who only talks about their successes.

• The word 'romance,' according to the dictionary, means excitement, adventure, and something extremely real. Romance should last a lifetime.

• As I get older, my appreciation for wine has just increased. I fell in love with wine through my travels, but knowing what the wine country is all about definitely makes it my own.

• There was buried in Ruth humanitarianism beyond belief, an intelligence he was never given credit for, a childish desire to be over-virile, living up to credits given his home-run power - and yet a need for intimate affection and respect, and a feverish desire to play baseball, perform, act and live a life he didn't and couldn't take time to understand.