Ubiquity quotes

• A certain traveler who knew many continents was asked what he found most remarkable of all. He replied: the ubiquity of sparrows.
    -- Adam Zagajewski

#Ubiquity #Sparrows #Found

• When Cameron's Conservatives come to power it will be a golden age for cyclists and an Elysium of cycle lanes, bike racks, and sharia law for bike thieves. And I hope that cycling in London will become almost Chinese in its ubiquity.
    -- Boris Johnson

#Cycling #Law #Ubiquity

• Composers aren't daring enough. They're afraid of that sacred idol called 'common sense', which is the most dreadful thing I know - after all, it's no more than a religion founded to excuse the ubiquity of imbeciles!
    -- Claude Debussy

#Idols #Ubiquity #Common Sense

• We have to understand the ubiquity of energy in everything we do. Energy is core to our economy and it brings with it environmental challenges, and it's core to our security challenges.
    -- Ernest Moniz

#Ubiquity #Challenges #Environmental

• Our demons are our own limitations, which shut us off from the realization of the ubiquity of the spirit . . . each of these demons is conquered in a vision quest.
    -- Joseph Campbell

#Ubiquity #Vision #Realization

• The most overrated ingredients are garlic and extra-virgin olive oil. With garlic, it's personal; I have never been that big of a fan of its flavor. As for extra-virgin olive oil, I do use it quite often but its ubiquity serves to overshadow many wonderful oils like pistachio, walnut, argan and even grapeseed.
    -- Lela Rose

#Ubiquity #Oil #Fans

• Ubiquity is the new exclusivity.
    -- Linda Kaplan Thaler

#Ubiquity

• You can't keep putting the same stuff on all these channels, or it's going to get annoying. We need to aim for 'distinctive ubiquity,’ so we need to be everywhere but we need to continue to surprise and delight our customers in a relevant and consistent way wherever they are.
    -- Mark Schaefer

#Ubiquity #Delight #Stuff

• The rise of broadband and growing ubiquity of Internet access excites me the most. The world changes a lot when, no matter where you are - in the middle of a deserted highway or in a bustling city - you can get high speed broadband access.
    -- Matt Mullenweg

#Cities #Ubiquity #Getting High

• The most powerful ideologies are not those that prevail against all challengers but those that are never challenged because in their ubiquity they appear as nothing more than the unadorned truth.
    -- Michael Parenti

#Powerful #Ubiquity #Political

• the solution to racism lies in our ability to see its ubiquity but not to concede its inevitability. It lies in the collective and institutional power to make change, at least as much as with the individual will to change. It also lies in the absolute moral imperative to break the childish, deadly circularity of centuries of blindness to the shimmering brilliance of our common, ordinary humanity.
    -- Patricia J. Williams

#Lying #Ubiquity #Racism

• Ubiquity must never be mistaken for biology.
    -- Phil Zuckerman

#Ubiquity #Biology #Mistaken

• Regardless of past aspirations, this is the right time to be focusing on services for two specific reasons The increasing ubiquity of broadband has made it viable, and the proven economics of the advertising model has made it profitable.
    -- Ray Ozzie

#Past #Ubiquity #Two

• Not that it was Twiggy's fault, but the ubiquity of her image created a sense in young women that to be stylish meant to be skinny, flat-chested with an ingenue face and straight hair.
    -- Susie Orbach

#Ubiquity #Hair #Faces

• Anyone who lives with poor health or chronic pain, or who has endured poverty - real poverty - knows what it is to live with lack and a resulting fear so incessant that it becomes thoroughly normalized, invisible in its ubiquity. If you're lucky enough to have that fear begin to ease, it's an odd experience. A stranglehold eases off your entire body, one you never fully realized was there.
    -- C.E. Morgan

#Pain #Real #Ubiquity

• What most forms of Consequentialism cannot do is require us to act in such a way as to make the world worse, yet many of the objections to Consequentialism purport to show that Consequentialism requires us to make the world a stinking, bloody mess. The ubiquity of these kinds of arguments shows you just how unseriously many of the critics take Consequentialism.
    -- Dale Jamieson

#Ubiquity #World #Way

• I think the increased ubiquity of the internet and networked computing in general allowed me to have some tether no matter where I was geographically. I could log in to a computer from anywhere in the world and access the same information and the same people. It allowed me to transcend the physical differences.
    -- Chelsea Manning

#Thinking #Differences #Ubiquity

• But I did mine through a production company. All the music I did, I gave to the production company. Then the production company would give the record company the album. I used to do all my albums like that. It was fantastic. But now, understand, I have never planned to do anything with these other tapes. The one that are released, like the Virgin Ubiquity you have there, I wasn't going to do anything with that music. One day, I was talking to this guy that owns BBE over in England, and I said I've got some tapes and stuff that you might be interested in, and he went berserk.
    -- Roy Ayers

#Talking #Ubiquity #Giving