Pitfalls quotes

• The enormous pitfall is devotion to oneself instead of to life. All works that are self-devoted are absolutely ineffective.
    -- Agnes Martin

#Self #Pitfalls #Devotion

• A pitfall of making a comedy with a studio-and it's also an American cultural thing-is that I get tired of being encouraged to go always for laughs.
    -- Alexander Payne

#Tired #Laughing #Pitfalls

• Kindness and intelligence don't always deliver us from the pitfalls and traps: there are always failures of love, of will, of imagination. There is no way to take the danger out of human relationships.
    -- Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

#Kindness #Imagination #Pitfalls

• Good planning avoids the need for fixing up a project that plowed ahead without thought... about potential pitfalls.
    -- Bobby Knight

#Fixing #Pitfalls #Needs

• One of the main pitfalls of any theoretically 'niche' show is that you spend too much time on the 'niche' and not enough time on the 'show.
    -- Brad Falchuk

#Pitfalls #Enough Time #Too Much

• Good things do not come easy. The road is lined with pitfalls.
    -- Desi Arnaz

#Pitfalls #Easy #Good Things

• Its fun for me to go on other folks talk shows. When youve endured the ups and downs and tensions and pitfalls of hosting, being a guest is a piece of angel food.
    -- Dick Cavett

#Fun #Angel #Pitfalls

• In their work, designers often become expert with the device they are designing. Users are often expert at the task they are trying to perform with the device. [...] Professional designers are usually aware of the pitfalls. But most design is not done by professional designers, it is done by engineers, programmers, and managers.
    -- Donald A. Norman

#Design #Trying #Pitfalls

• The biggest financial pitfall in life is divorce. And the biggest reason for divorce is marriage.
    -- Gene Simmons

#Divorce #Pitfalls #Financial

• If you decide to design your own language, there are thousands of sort of amateur language designer pitfalls.
    -- Guido van Rossum

#Design #Pitfalls #Language

• I don't believe in pitfalls. I believe in taking risks and not doing the same thing twice.
    -- Guy Laliberte

#Believe #Risk #Pitfalls

• The wolf dreads the pitfall, the hawk suspects the snare, and the kite the covered hook.
    -- Horace

#Pitfalls #Hook #Kites

• IT'S a pitfall to have a definition of photography,
    -- Jeff Wall

#Photography #Pitfalls #Definitions

• At a very young age I was predicting outcomes, trying to take all the information and find the best route to wherever I was going. I avoided a lot of pitfalls because of that.
    -- Jennifer Carpenter

#Age #Trying #Pitfalls

• Help, then, is the ballast that keeps us steady, that recognizes where along the path are the dangers and pitfalls that can throw us off; hope tempers fear so we can recognize dangers and then bypass or endure them.
    -- Jerome Groopman

#Hope #Pitfalls #Path

• Quite often - a lot of the work I had done had been extensively with women. Most especially in the theater, but also quite often in the movies. That has its own delights, and maybe pitfalls too.
    -- John Malkovich

#Pitfalls #Done #Delight

• I would warn very sincerely against the pitfalls of copying photographs. A frozen, split-second bears little relationship to the continuing process of living reality. It is better to look, look again, and keep on looking.
    -- Keith Shackleton

#Photography #Reality #Pitfalls

• You know, its just a matter of working through the pitfalls sometimes and working through the challenges that lie ahead.
    -- Kurt Busch

#Lying #Challenges #Pitfalls

• I realized some of the pitfalls of being well-known; it was nice if you were successful, but it made it just that much harder to take when you failed.
    -- Lawrence Welk

#Nice #Successful #Pitfalls

• Extravagance is the rich man's pitfall.
    -- Martin Farquhar Tupper

#Men #Pitfalls #Extravagance

• I know more now than I did in the past about the process of democratization. I know more about the pitfalls.
    -- Meles Zenawi

#Past #Pitfalls #Process

• A language not based on universal symbols or sensations is gibberish, a pitfall of modern art, no longer modern.
    -- Nelson Shanks

#Art #Pitfalls #Language

• And when you look at the twentieth-century experiment with collectivism-that Ayn Rand, more than anybody else, did such a good job of articulating the pitfalls of statism and collectivism-you can't find another thinker or writer who did a better job of describing and laying out the moral case for capitalism than Ayn Rand.
    -- Paul Ryan

#Jobs #Looks #Pitfalls

• Everything I know now . . . the pitfalls, the highs and lows, everything . . . it taught me and made stronger.
    -- Ray Allen

#Stronger #Taught #Pitfalls

• The biggest pitfall as you make your way through your life is impatience.
    -- Susan Jeffers

#Way #Pitfalls #Life Is

• I always say, "Never give your lead character an infant. Make them a recovering alcoholic, or the victim of a horrible violent crime because you can really never truly recover from that." It's a story pitfall.
    -- Julie Plec

#Character #Giving #Pitfalls

• Realism is important in foreign policy. You have to be realistic about what you can achieve, and about the pitfalls, and problems along the way, of which there are plenty. Nothing is easy. It's always rough.
    -- Daniel Fried

#Important #Pitfalls #Way

• It is imperative that we make consumers more aware of the long-term effects of their financial decisions, particularly in managing their credit card debt, so that they can avoid financial pitfalls that may lead to bankruptcy.
    -- Daniel Kahikina Akaka

#Long #Decision #Pitfalls