Ebay quotes

• If God is watching us, as some believers suggest, as though we were a television show and God had a lot of free time, the deity would surely be bemused by how dumbed-down devotion has sometimes become in this so-called modern era. How might an omnipotent being with the long view of history respond to those who visit the traveling exhibit of a grilled-cheese sandwich , sold on eBay, that is said to bear the image of the Virgin Mary? It certainly argues against intelligent design , or at least intelligent design in humans .
    -- Anna Quindlen

#Intelligent #Views #Ebay

• Anything that's signed by me on EBay is a forgery and not authentic.
    -- Brett Hull

#Ebay #Forgery

• I'm not saying the whole world will work this way, but with Airbnb, people are sleeping in other people's homes and other people's beds. So there's a level of trust necessary to participate that's different from an eBay or Facebook.
    -- Brian Chesky

#Sleep #Home #Ebay

• It's a story of little girls who are pressed into working in sweat shops in games, who spend all day doing repetitive grinding tasks like making shirts, which are then converted into gold and sold on eBay.
    -- Cory Doctorow

#Girl #Ebay #Games

• Nowadays people talk about PayPal's founders as prescient geniuses who would inevitably change the world. It was, however, not so obvious that PayPal would taste its first major success by helping people sell Beanie Babies on eBay. But they had a vision, a hope, and the perseverance to try multiple iterations until they got it right.
    -- Eric Ries

#Baby #Perseverance #Ebay

• I'll never forget my 24th birthday when my tooth got punched out. And for a second I was like, it would be really hilarious if I sold it on eBay. But I can't, that's just too creepy. I don't think I can go there.
    -- Evan Rachel Wood

#Birthday #Thinking #Ebay

• I spend far too much time on eBay buying lamps and upholstery remnants.
    -- Heidi Julavits

#Ebay #Lamps #Too Much

• History shows fans want consolidation; you see it across the web every place. The big players are people like Google, Amazon, eBay, Facebook.
    -- Irving Azoff

#Player #Ebay #People

• It seems absolutely wrong that people should be able to profit in this cynical way from an event that is designed to highlight the need for action on poverty in Africa, and for which so many artists and others are donating their valuable time for nothing [on people selling Live8 concert tickets on eBay]
    -- James Purnell

#Artist #Ebay #People

• You owe dough? You ain't give up that cheese? Hey... Sooner or later, you'll Pay, Pal (no eBay).
    -- Joell Ortiz

#Giving Up #Rap #Ebay

• PayPal is a business that will be bigger than eBay,
    -- John Donahoe

#Ebay #Bigger #Paypal

• If you can't play as good or as fast as me, just give up, sell your guitar on eBay and kill yourself.
    -- John Petrucci

#Giving Up #Guitar #Ebay

• I love my kids, they are amazing children, but they drive me bananas sometimes. And sometimes, I want to sell them on eBay... but I'm not going to.
    -- Katie Aselton

#Children #Kids #Ebay

• I was collecting Barbies. I know... embarrassing. I sold them all on eBay, and traded them for vintage dishes. So I've collected two things.
    -- Kristin Bauer van Straten

#Ebay #Vintage #Two

• A captivating moment was when I realized that people, including myself, were not saying, 'I just bought an item on eBay.' They were saying, 'I just won an item on eBay.' It was the thrill of the hunt. I bought a car on eBay.
    -- Mary Meeker

#Ebay #Car #People

• Guess what? The world changes. eBay has defined e-commerce
    -- Meg Whitman

#Ebay #World #Commerce

• When a small business grows like eBay did, it has a multiplier effect. It creates other small businesses that supply it with intellectual capital, goods and services.
    -- Meg Whitman

#Ebay #Growth #Intellectual

• eBay had two main things that really spoke to me. It enabled individuals to do things that they could not have done without the Web. The second thing was what Pierre said: "People have met their best friends on eBay. What this has enabled is truly online community."
    -- Meg Whitman

#Ebay #Two #People

• For me, the international expansion of eBay was the best idea. We are now in 35 countries, and have a huge global network. The second best one was the acquisition of PayPal - the wallet on eBay
    -- Meg Whitman

#Country #Ebay #Ideas

• Once the smoke of the market crash clears off, you know, the Internet will pick back up and go. Take a look at what's happening to some of the big companies like eBay and Yahoo, the publicly traded stocks. You know, they're all coming back up off the mat now.
    -- Michael Nesmith

#Ebay #Looks #Internet

• Today, over one million people now make their living on eBay, which is astounding.
    -- Niklas Zennstrom

#Ebay #People #Today

• BLACKBERRY. Also know as "Crackberry" for it's addictive qualities. It is the modern girl's weapon. It allow her to bid on ebay while walking down the street, map out her shopping route for maximum productivity, and sneak out of work and still get her messages as she peruses the sales racks...
    -- Nina Garcia

#Girl #Ebay #Shopping

• If I had the flag that Betsy Ross worked so hard on, I wouldn't destroy it. I'd put it up on EBay because it's gotta be worth some serious coin. And that is the American way.
    -- Paul Provenza

#Ebay #Coins #Way

• In February of 1996, about six months after I created eBay, I started receiving a spate of complaints. Everyone was complaining about each other. I felt very much like I was a parent who had to adjudicate the brothers beating each other up.
    -- Pierre Omidyar

#Brother #Ebay #Parent

• You'll fail at some things - that's a learning experience that you need so that you can take that on to the next experience. What you learn from those challenges and those failures are what will get you past the next ones...I was the pretty consistent bull and the cheerleader on eBay actually.
    -- Pierre Omidyar

#Mistake #Past #Ebay

• When I started eBay, it was a hobby, an experiment to see if people could use the Internet to be empowered through access to an efficient market. I actually wasn't thinking about it in terms of a social impact. It was really about helping people connect around a sphere of interest so they could do business.
    -- Pierre Omidyar

#Business #Thinking #Ebay

• eBay's business is based on enabling someone to do business with another person, and to do that, they first have to develop some measure of trust, either in the other person or the system.
    -- Pierre Omidyar

#Technology #Ebay #Firsts

• What makes eBay successful.. the real value and the real power at eBay is the community. It's the buyers and sellers coming together and forming a marketplace.
    -- Pierre Omidyar

#Success #Real #Ebay

• I started eBay as an experiment, as a side hobby basically, while I had my day job.
    -- Pierre Omidyar

#Jobs #Ebay #Sides

• When I'm on a break from writing, I'll log on to Amazon and eBay. The doorbell is constantly being rung by deliverymen.
    -- Sophie Kinsella

#Writing #Ebay #Amazon

• In my view, it's irreverence, foolish confidence and naivety combined with persistence, open mindedness and a continual ability to learn that created Facebook, Google, Yahoo, eBay, Microsoft, Apple, Juniper, AOL, Sun Microsystems and others.
    -- Vinod Khosla

#Persistence #Views #Ebay

• I love vintage shopping in flea markets, vintage stores and even Ebay.
    -- Chelsea Leyland

#Ebay #Vintage #Shopping

• I have a terrible habit of shopping after I go to the gym or hitting eBay.
    -- Edie Campbell

#Ebay #Shopping #Hitting

• I was selling a piece of my art on eBay from The Escapist, which was an adaptation of The Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, and the person who bought it was Alan Heinberg, one of the executive producers of the show and was a huge fan of my work and asked if I'd be interested in maybe being the ghost artist for Seth. It clicked and I could relate to Seth's plight on the show. It became really easy to fill in his shoes, and people really grabbed onto it; they really dug that sort of very minor sub-plot in the show.
    -- Eric Wight

#Art #Adventure #Ebay

• If the Martians took over eBay it would take 6 months for the world to notice.
    -- Keith Rabois

#Ebay #World #Months

• When you're paid $29 for something and 30 or 40 years later you're seeing it on eBay with pages going for $199 or more, it's like, "Dammit!"
    -- Mike Royer

#Ebay #Years #Pages

• I toyed with making portraits based on people's discarded shopping lists found on the street, or old diaries bought on eBay, or other forms of borrowed stories. When I stumbled across the Missed Connections listings, I knew immediately I'd found it.
    -- Sophie Blackall

#Ebay #Shopping #People

• I was working at eBay, so I would just troll the vintage categories, find old amps and what have you. I was buying a fair amount of stuff and playing with it and then selling it back.
    -- Bill Orcutt

#Ebay #Vintage #Stuff

• Somebody was telling me about the French Army rifle that was being advertised on eBay the other day - the description was, 'Never shot. Dropped once.
    -- Roy Blunt

#Stupid #Army #Ebay