Odd Things quotes

• Comics, a lot of them, are really depressed people, and I happen to be somebody that does have a lot of confidence. That's the odd thing about my stand-up. I am very confident. I always was.
    -- Andrew Dice Clay

#People #Odd Things #Doe

• The first things I remember drawing were battles - big sheets of paper covered in terrible scenes of carnage - though when you looked closely, there were little jokes and speech bubbles and odd things going on in the background.
    -- Anthony Browne

#Drawing #Battle #Odd Things

• It's an odd thing to go to New York to shoot a movie that is set in Indiana.
    -- Bill Condon

#New York #Odd Things #Indiana

• I added to my mental list of the odd things I'd done that day. I'd entertained the police, sunbathed, visited at a mall with some fairies, weeded and killed someone. Now it was powdered-corpse removal time. And the day wasn't over yet.
    -- Charlaine Harris

#Police #Lists #Odd Things

• Every time I finish a record, it's sort of feels like, "I can't believe that I'm hanging out and having a conversation, and people are gonna listen to this." It's an odd thing, but it's really cool.
    -- Chris Hardwick

#Believe #People #Odd Things

• The very odd thing about sagas [...] is that they very rarely mention dry mouths and full bladders.
    -- David Gemmell

#Odd Things #Dry #Mouths

• The odd thing about recurring dreams is that, no matter how many times you dream the same thing, it always takes you by surprise.
    -- David Small

#Dream #Odd Things #Matter

• Trevor realized that the odd thing about English is that no matter how much you screw sequences word up up, you understood, still, like Yoda, will be. Other languages don't work that way. French? Dieu! Misplace a single le or la and an idea vaporizes into a sonic puff. English is flexible: you can jam it into a Cuisinart for an hour, remove it, and meaning will still emerge.
    -- Douglas Coupland

#Ideas #Odd Things #Jam

• The odd thing about Cripple of Inishmaan is its never actually been performed on the island.
    -- Garry Hynes

#Islands #Odd Things #Odd

• One of the odd things about being a writer is that you never reach a point of certainty, a point of mastery where you can say, Right. Now I understand how this is done.
    -- Jenny Offill

#Odd Things #Mastery #Done

• Fame is an odd thing. It bugs you a little bit, but it's really not bad.
    -- John Corbett

#Odd Things #Littles #Bugs

• It's an odd thing about love. When someone you love cries, your heart melts. But when someone you don't love cries, you look at them and think, Why are you telling 'me' this?
    -- Jude Deveraux

#Heart #Thinking #Odd Things

• It was an odd thing to do, to stand in a street in the hope of seeing someone who hardly knew him, but he did not want to move.
    -- Ken Follett

#Moving #Odd Things #Want

• It's an odd thing about this universe that, though we all disagree with each other, we are all of us always in the right.
    -- Logan Pearsall Smith

#Equality #Odd Things #Disagree

• Time was such an odd thing. One moment you could talk to someone, then suddenly, they were gone.
    -- Patricia Briggs

#Time #Gone #Odd Things

• Stephen Jones' hats are what we used to call 'creations'; extravagant, odd things for extravagant, odd people like Madonna or Lady Gaga. They're worn in a parallel universe.
    -- Peter York

#People #Odd Things #Hats

• I've probably done the odd thing. I've probably done more than I would have done and some things you don't say no to. You don't say no to working with "The Simpsons"... the greatest comedy show on television. You mustn't. Even though going to my bad judgment, I remember saying that all I can do is make this show slightly worse.
    -- Ricky Gervais

#Odd Things #Done #Television

• What an odd thing a diary is: the things you omit are more important than those you put in.
    -- Simone de Beauvoir

#Important #Odd Things #Diaries

• The Cross is a gibbet - rather an odd thing to make use of as a talisman against bad luck, if that is how we regard it. Or is it, instead, a cynical reminder that Virtue usually gets pilloried whenever it makes one of its occasional appearances in this world?
    -- Denis Johnston

#Cynical #Luck #Odd Things

• It was difficult, and yet I was very eager to do it. It was a really odd thing. I really wanted to do that story. I really wanted to write the death of Captain Kirk. I really wanted to do it in the movie.
    -- Ronald D. Moore

#Writing #Odd Things #Stories

• Odd things happen in New York, which is why it's such a great source of stories.
    -- Sophie Blackall

#New York #Odd Things #Stories

• It's kind of great being a group without a lead singer, because the possibilities are sky high. Odd things become the lead singer, noises become the lead singer. It actually makes the thing much more flexible.
    -- Paul Morley

#Sky #Groups #Odd Things